CursorFX and Windows 8 help!

By on August 29, 2013 10:24:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

therealrasmux

Join Date 08/2013

I have bought CursorFX Plus for Windows 8 and it install good and all but my cursor is still the same default one, if any1 have this installed on Windows 8, I'd like to know how you did it, I tried uninstalling and installing in different compatibility but nothing works. Thanks.

Edit : Free Version works fine on WInXP Compatibility but paid version doesnt????

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 30, 2013 3:06:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

HI

If you have purchased the software already, download and install stardock central from your account login on www.stardock.com (top right corner) or

https://store.stardock.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/myaccount.  once you login to stardock central just download cursor FX then activate it with your stardock login info.  I have used CursorFX for over ten years on several OS and it works very well in  Windows 8, no issues with version 2.01.

Cheers

GigaByte69

August 30, 2013 3:13:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I hope you did read product's brochure before you bought:"CursorFX is not compatible with Windows 8". 

Link: http://www.stardock.com/products/cursorfx/

It doesn't matter the free one is working fine on compatible range,the developer hasn't fine-tuned it for that environment -which in this case,WIndows 8 -therefore any issue will happen,you haven't just encountered that per se. 

August 30, 2013 4:26:04 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have used CursorFX 2.11 since it was released on Windows 8 Pro x64 with no problems at all.  works great.  No special compatibility fixes, and installed with Stardock Central. Have completely redone the systems hard disk last week and changed full hardware too, still works great.  I use all my Object Desktop apps, all work great.

Cheers, not sure what problems you are having with the paid version.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 15, 2013 2:59:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

CursorFX

so when is this out for windows 8 ????

cheers  

September 15, 2013 5:40:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I am using CursorFX Plus version 2.11 on Windows8 Pro 64 bit and it works fine.

September 16, 2013 9:42:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

There may be an issue using CFX on the Windows Start screen.  We may have a fix for that if you contact support while things are prepped for Win8.

September 16, 2013 3:48:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm not having any issues here on the "metro" start screen, Aaron, but I could just be the lucky one.

September 18, 2013 2:26:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The problem I'm having with CursorFX is that years ago I bought a special set of cursors called Oranda and even though all my other cursors work with Win 8 Oranda won't even show up in the list! I've tried three times, nothing. I miss my Pencil cursor......

June 23, 2014 4:05:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If I updated to Windows 8.1, do I need to re install it? It appears to be a little sporadic slight sticking of my cursor at times. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000516   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.