Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

White taskbar once in every few system restarts

By on August 28, 2013 8:29:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

PavelP

Join Date 11/2012
+1

Hi!

I seem to be having an issue where I would get a white taskbar once in every few system boots under Windows 8 (I'd say, once in every four restarts). There are two ways which I observed, that enabled me to regain the normal taskbar; either (1) reboot, or (2) re-apply the selected theme in WindowBlinds. I also have Start8 installed, if that matters. Is this a known issue?

Thank you very much!

-- Pavel

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 29, 2013 1:33:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

-It´s known to me, as it happens now & then. However I have no clue as to whay this is happenning.

I just re apply the skin and go along with it 

August 29, 2013 2:34:33 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi, thanks for replying!

Hope someone from the development team reads this.

August 29, 2013 3:00:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

not exclusive to windows 8, happens occasionally in 7. Sometimes, even the start menu gets half loaded,no biggie, we have all been half loaded before.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 29, 2013 6:55:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Could be because WB is still in Beta. I get that too on Win7 so it isn't exclusive to Win8. Re-applying the skin fixes it.

August 29, 2013 10:37:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi,

Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I'm aware, v8.0 is a stable, non-beta release, no?

Re-applying the skin fixes it for me, as well. Wonder what our systems have in common, so that we encounter this issue.

Pavel

August 29, 2013 3:23:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

My opinion is it is a lot to change all at once, most programs require a reboot to apply even half that amount of changes, so a reapply is no t out of line. I would guess a skinners ability to save a clean skin with out extra images with any similarities  could cause a hiccup, or screwed up margins and such, which may strain certain systems to apply.But, just a theory.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.