Skinning Win 8 parts

Surely there Must be a fix ? !

By on August 28, 2013 6:27:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

neone6

Join Date 12/2010
+388

Been skinning Windows 8 for a while now.

Can´t find anything in SKS on how to skin these parts, not even for that blue selected color have I found a place to change it...not even deep in "Change win7/8 colors"

Surely there is a fix for this or something in near future updates as these parts are the absolute biggest visual issue in the Explorer frames for Win 8.

I mean those white parts are right In Your Face  

10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 28, 2013 7:58:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yep! I was wondering the same thing the other day Andy. I also wonder what the Win8 Explorer Bar image in SKS8 i suppsoed to do, because when I add an image there, nothing appears to change in explorer in Win8 at all. SKS needs a lot of work for sure.

August 28, 2013 9:53:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightStar,

Yep! I was wondering the same thing the other day Andy. I also wonder what the Win8 Explorer Bar image in SKS8 i suppsoed to do, because when I add an image there, nothing appears to change in explorer in Win8 at all.
It actually puts a couple of pixels high image over the commandbar or similar...

Quoting LightStar,
SKS needs a lot of work for sure.
You think it´ll happen though ? 

August 28, 2013 12:01:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

bump

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 28, 2013 12:12:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I really wish I could help but I can't say as I'm still using Windows 7. Although I can't see myself migrating to Windows 8 anytime soon.

August 28, 2013 12:58:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The only one that could possibly resolve this issue is Stardock, as SKS8 does not currently skin those areas, and from what I hear, SKS8 may probably not be updated for quite awhile.

August 28, 2013 2:11:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightStar,
SKS8 may probably not be updated for quite awhile.
    That seems strange as the whole point of the site is to make awesome skins & that would mean keeping the software that is used in making them up to scratch would be of the utmost importance, no ?? 

August 28, 2013 4:27:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting neone6,

Quoting LightStar, reply 5SKS8 may probably not be updated for quite awhile.    That seems strange as the whole point of the site is to make awesome skins & that would mean keeping the software that is used in making them up to scratch would be of the utmost importance, no ?? 

OK, found out I heard wrong, So hopefully SKS8 will have updates and have new areas that can be skinned soon.

August 28, 2013 4:41:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

...I hope 

August 29, 2013 11:34:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Right now it's not possible to skin these two parts, the ribbon area and the new status bar, probably we'll be able to skin that in the near future.

August 29, 2013 11:40:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting danioc,
Right now it's not possible to skin these two parts, the ribbon area and the new status bar, probably we'll be able to skin that in the near future.
I   R e a l l y  hope so ´cause now it just cramps the style SO badly !

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.