The Gun Thread

By on August 24, 2013 5:41:02 PM from Little Tiny Frogs Forums Little Tiny Frogs Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1096

So what kind of firearms do you have? Any?

I've got a CZ-75 P07 0.40 pistol.  This one my favorite pistol.

I've also got a S&W Model 28 revolver which is my favorite handgun overall even though it's just a 6 shooter and has a 6 inch barrel.

I also have a Mossberg 500 pump shotgun and a Benelli M4 semi-auto shotgun. I have a few others but I don't tend to use them anymore (not enough time to practice)

In terms of rifles, my favorite one to shoot is a 10/22 but I have a SIG 556, a LMC AR-15 Defender and an ACR but I haven't had time yet to put them through their paces.  I've got some other files (a Ruger Mini 14 which I don't like).

Ironically, I do not own a 9mm pistol. I'm thinking of getting a Glock 19.

18 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 24, 2013 5:53:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I would love to tell you about my arsenal, but the NSA is probably reading this.

August 24, 2013 6:54:20 PM from Little Tiny Frogs Forums Little Tiny Frogs Forums

Quoting kku,

I would love to tell you about my arsenal, but the NSA is probably reading this.

Probably?

August 24, 2013 7:24:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Seroiusly, I'd like to have a gun, but the wife won't hear of it. I think she's afraid I'll get mad and shoot her...lol.  I used to target shoot with my Grandfather's 22 rifle. Enjoyed that.

Went to a few turkey shoots with my uncle as a young man. Never owned my own gun tho.

I did spend the night with a 25 caliber pistol under the blanket with me on the night of my first wedding...lol.   

We were camping on our honeymoon, no tent, no camper, just a few blankets under the stars.   

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 24, 2013 10:58:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have a Glock 19 - 9mm and a Remington 870 Tactical 12 Gauge Shotgun  and a Browning X-Bolt Composite Stalker 25-06 With sniper scope

August 25, 2013 12:56:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

All I need is a Beeman RS2 and a Barnett crossbow. Both will do the job without giving away my position. Stalking is half the fun.

When I lived in Vegas, I owned a highly modified Ruger 10/22 and SingleSix Buntline along with a Marlin Carbine in 9mm and a Taurus 22 Auto.

I sold them all before I moved back east.

August 25, 2013 2:54:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have nothing! It`s forbidden to have firearms in germany! I am very happy about this, should be this way everywhere!

August 25, 2013 6:53:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting rlphwshr,
I have nothing! It`s forbidden to have firearms in germany! I am very happy about this, should be this way everywhere!

Surprised Germany doesn't have a firearm license ...

Anyway this post is about types of firearms you own, not the political debate about ownership.

August 25, 2013 7:55:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting tazgecko,
Anyway this post is about types of firearms you own, not the political debate about ownership.

You are a Moderator?

I wanted a shotgun just for insurance. In case a bad guy broke in the house but the wife won't allow it.

August 25, 2013 8:52:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Howa 1500 in .270 Win.  Modified trigger(2lb pull), 2 Ruger 10/22s. One with a mannlicher(full barre) stock, one that looks pretty plain jane but has modified trigger assembly(again 2lb trigger pull), modified "V" block barrel clamp and finally a machined bolt face to match the 22 ammo I shoot.  This one is a 50 yard tack driver(5 shots in one 30 caliber sized hole).

I roll my own for my .270 Win.  For varmints(coyote, feral dogs) I use a 90 grain hollow point that chronographs at 3450fps average with a spread of 40 fps.  I also shoot a 130 grain Nosler Ballistic tip at 2840 fps for feral hogs(them I eat).......

August 25, 2013 9:47:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Was not going to make this post but after sleeping on it, I remembered I posted on IRC and skype and also on a handfull of threads.  So the world already knows what I have.

I love Glocks.   I have a Glock 17(9mm),  a Glock 21(45 cal.)  and a Winchester model 1 (308, 30 cal) with scope set at 100 yds.

I love target shooting but as the Gov. is buying up all the ammo, its hard to get what I need to replace what I shoot.

August 26, 2013 11:52:57 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

My primary carry is a Taurus 9mm.  My main rifle is a S&W AR15 with red dot.

(a Ruger Mini 14 which I don't like)

May I ask why you don't like it?  I've been wanting one of those for a while.

August 26, 2013 12:07:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Absolutely amazing.  Especially in the twenty-first century.

August 26, 2013 6:09:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have several rifles and handguns. Of course I have a couple of 10/22s. My favorite guns are my lever action rifles: Henry .22 mag, Henry .17hmr and Winchester .44 mag.

August 26, 2013 6:13:20 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting GregII,
Absolutely amazing. Especially in the twenty-first century.

What's so amazing?

August 26, 2013 7:17:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

S&W 645, 4013 TSW, S&W 411

August 26, 2013 7:47:52 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I have only ever fired a gun one time in my entire life... when i was a kid on my dads farm, and my sisters boyfriend thought it would be funny to see me fire a shot gun and watch it throw me back. However not only did it not throw me back, but i also hit the target spot on,,, he was very surprised! No one bothered to let me use a gun again after that, although,, my parents did get me an an air rifle (BB gun) around the same time. But when i grew up the government decided i (Australian citizens) are not responsible enough to own a BB gun without a gun licence so i had to get rid of it, along with our family sword, also not allowed in Australia without licence.

August 26, 2013 10:12:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

IF Aussies were allowed to have whatever guns they fancied then this one would be mine.  It was so good even the Americans wanted them ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Gun 

August 26, 2013 10:32:57 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting Jafo,

IF Aussies were allowed to have whatever guns they fancied then this one would be mine.  It was so good even the Americans wanted them ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Gun 

Interesting, i have heard of the name 'Owen Gun' but new nothing about it, and i'm Australian!

But yerr, i can understand that if i had to trust my life to a weapon in those harsh conditions, i would prefer reliability over performance, so long as the performance was already adequate enough.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.