Pointer not moving smoothly

By on August 20, 2013 6:40:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

ancalimonungol

Join Date 10/2012

I just bought CursorFx.

Can you do something to make the pointer move smoothly?

When I activate CursorFX, it's as if I'm once again using a low quality USB mouse (or a PS2 or a Serial mouse)

In its current form, I can see the cursor moving a bit sluggish as if it's not synchronized with my screen refresh rate.

I guess it's got something to do with CursorFX using a software mouse but I don't see the same behavior in games that also use custom cursors; they are smooth.

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 22, 2013 7:43:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Check the cpu usage when running CursorFX. Sometimes a program will slow the cursor down. If you can ID the program disable it and see if that makes a difference.

August 22, 2013 8:48:56 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Normally the pointer is not effected by CPU usage. It is always smooth no matter what.

The problem is that it is not as butter smooth meaning your eyes do not detect any irregularity in the movement when you are using a high quality mouse (in my case Logitech G700). With high quality mouses, the mouse moves as if you were using an Amiga computer.

When CursorFX is running, your eyes detect irregularities in mouse movement. It no longer moves smooth as butter but your eyes detect micro stutters in its movement. It seems like the method CursorFx is using to display the cursor is not the right method for smooth movement since the mouse is always smooth when not using CursorFX. Even in games hat use custom animated big cursors.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.