Missing Icons

Recycle bin, and other shortcuts are permanently hidden

By on August 20, 2013 4:05:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Credence69

Join Date 02/2009

I have a laptop that when on the docking station it has Dual monitors setup, but at the time this started I was working on my laptop (not docked) and I am not sure what I did or even why it happened, but all my fences where reset and removed. All the Icons that were in those fences were gone. I docked the Laptop and sure enough the icons where on the other screen. I went ahead and remade all new fences, and I thought all was fine...

Turns out when that happened, it permanently hid some of the icons. The Recycle Bin icon was one of them and I am still finding random icons that should be on the desktop is missing. I researched how to turn the Recycle bin on\off. I went to the location to turn it back on and it was already checked.. by turning it off, then turning it back on causes the Recycle bin to appear, then immediately disappear. Same thing happens when I add Shortcuts to the Desktop that are already there. I cannot figure out how to permanently unhide the Recycle Bin, or the other hidden Icons on my screen??

I have tried to remove Fences and reinstall it to no avail... I am out of ideas and I am hoping that someone else has seen this or maybe Tech support can help out with this.... I am at a loss and I need these hidden icons to be available again.

If I look at the Desktop through Windows Explorer I can see the missing Icons, but I cannot unhide them... double clicking still hides all the fences, but does not make the icons in question reappear, incase your wondering.

Regards,
Scott

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 20, 2013 6:35:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I messed around with Fences when they first came out and they were good for awhile but I'm used to a clean desktop. To me it sounds like your hidden icons might be inside of a Fence. Try disabling Fences temporarily and right click on the desktop. Make sure in view that show icons is checked. Re-enable Fences and see if the problem persists. You might also want to send an email to support@stardock.com with a link to this thread. Hope this helps.  

August 21, 2013 11:46:39 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for your reply... once I disable Fences my recycle bin was there. Good to know I can still get to it, but sucks that I have to turn it off to see it, outside of using Windows Explorer to browse to it. Hopefully support will have a better solution.

Thanks!
Scott

August 22, 2013 7:34:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

One more suggestion. Try using ObjectDock. You can place any icon on the dock and still have Fences. Meaning your recyclebin will always be there and the dock can be set to autohide. Touching the screen edge with your mouse will reveal the dock. Try it...you might like it.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.