Quicklaunch dock reflection setting not available

By on August 20, 2013 3:06:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

ubaiis

Join Date 01/2011

Hi,

I noticed there is no option to disable the quicklaunch dock's reflection settings. I have the tabbed dock too and the setting is available for it via 'Style/Color > Adjust blur/reflection > Reflection enabled', but there is no such option available for the quicklaunch dock.

Is the omission intentional or an oversight? Either way the lack of the option is disappointing for consistency's sake because it is available for tabbed docks.

Edit: The quicklaunch graphic in 'Settings' (see below) shows icons in the dock without reflections, so where's the option to disable it?

No quicklaunch dock reflection setting

My system details:

Objectdock v2.09.1.811

Windows 8 Pro (64 bit)

Intel Core i7-3770K

Nvidia GeForce GTX 660

16GB Ram

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 20, 2013 8:46:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

the reflections at bottom position was a great improvement respect the OD 1.9  previous version

but if you don't want THEM you can simply change the position to top\left\right or ...

for the bottom position (presuming you don't want the reflections for the Dock shown on your screenshot)

just open the OD Backgrounds > Zoomers > "Aero Reflecting" folder

then open the background.ini file (double click on it), and change the following values to zero:

HeightAdjust=0             ;new flag in 2.0 for making the background taller
ReflectionHeight=0        ;new flag in 2.0 to describe how much icon to reflect
ReflectionOffset=0        ;new flag in 2.0 to describe how much to offset the flection by
ReflectionTaperOffAmount=0    ;new flag in 2.0 to describe how much to taper off the reflection
ReflectionTransparency=0    ;new flag in 2.0 to describe how transparent the reflection should be
EdgeOffset= 0            ;new flag in 2.0 for moving the entire dock off the edge
IconEdgeOffset=0        ;new flag in 2.0 for moving the dock's icons off the edge

any way I suggest to backup the original background.ini file in a different place

and let me know !

August 20, 2013 10:03:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks frankell, that was a really helpful tip!

On a side note, would you know why my zoomer dock (aero reflections) has a transparent strip at the bottom? I'm guessing it could be corrected via the background.ini file?

Transparent strip at the bottom of zoomer dock?

August 20, 2013 11:59:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

glad you managed !

well the "aero reflection" dock should be all transparent not only a strip at the bottom

actually the screenshot is not clear at all but I notice (very strange) a white colored dock meanwhile the wallpaper is black

did you customized some other parameters ?

btw here it is how it should look

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 21, 2013 4:20:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

No I haven't touched the parameters, but I noticed there was a change after I upgraded to the latest version compatible with Windows 8. Anyway, I set the docks to full transparency and it seems to have solved the problem.

August 21, 2013 4:35:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

sorry I'm not in Windows 8\7 moreover I'm sticking to OD 2.0

just hoping for more help from some other good guy

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.