GOT to be a way to stop this insane auto arranging! PLEASE.

By on August 19, 2013 2:10:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

rci137

Join Date 08/2013
+2

Ok, Fences was going to be awesome... really.  Looks great.

Too bad I can't use it.

This auto-arrange bogosity has to stop.

I realize that it forces the software to support a horizontal scroll bar... so... ***add a horizontal scroll bar already*** (for non auto-arranged use).

My god, this is the most annoying slice of hell ever.  I so regret using Fences right now.  Sorry to be such a pill about it, but this is frustrating beyond belief.  I have VERY SPECIFIC WAYS I arrange my icons.  I don't need some piece of code thinking it always knows best.

PLEASE get this fixed.  Begging you.  Please.

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 20, 2013 7:05:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I agree, this and the mandated take-over of my desktop icons has caused me to stop using Fences. 

I've purchased most of StarDock's apps, but have stopped using everything but Start8.  They're all great but have 1 or 2 small but incredibly annoying/frustrating features.  Worse still is that each issue has been brought to their attention for quite some time, and they simply won't change/fix them.  At this point, I'm unwilling to buy any more of their programs specifically because of this.

October 20, 2013 7:36:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I honestly don't know what you guys mean. I have Fences 2 running and my icons do not auto arrange. They stay where I put them, within a fence. In the order of my choosing.

Please be more specific and I can try to help.

October 20, 2013 7:39:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting ChrisNP,

I agree, this and the mandated take-over of my desktop icons has caused me to stop using Fences. 

I've purchased most of StarDock's apps, but have stopped using everything but Start8.  They're all great but have 1 or 2 small but incredibly annoying/frustrating features.  Worse still is that each issue has been brought to their attention for quite some time, and they simply won't change/fix them.  At this point, I'm unwilling to buy any more of their programs specifically because of this.

There is a big difference in a "feature" that you may dislike/find annoying, and an "issue".

Issues are fixed, where possible. Features that you may or may not like are a matter of preference and not a support issue.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 22, 2013 11:02:18 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Fences was working great for me in Windows 8.0.  I could arrange the icons as I wanted and they'd stick.  

Then I updated to Win 8.1 and I, too, got the auto arrange thing.  I reverted to a layout snapshot of the date before I updated.  This kept the proper arrangement.  However, whenever I boot up, the autoarrange kicks in and then the screen flashes and the snapshot is applied.  

October 22, 2013 11:29:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Please write to support@stardock.com and include the url of this thread.

Outline your problem and include your system specs, and any other details you believe relevant.

Keep the autoreply, but don't answer it. Don't write again until you hear back from an actual person.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.