Emboldened icon text in Portals - How do I turn it off?

Bold font type for Portals makes it harder to read

By on August 14, 2013 3:23:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

DRHodgson

Join Date 11/2012
+2

I've been using Fences for months now and I really like it, particularly as my desktop no longer gets messed up when I install drivers or whatnot.

I several standard Fences on the desktop and two large Portals, each on different 'screens' which I can flick backwards and forwards too in a tablet-like manner (another great feature). However, whereas the standard Fences display icon text in a normal way, the Portals appear to display emboldened ones which makes them harder to read. I've looked through the Fence options but I cannot see any way of disabling it. Why is the icon text for Portal displayed in a bold font and the other Fences as normal fonts? Is there any way to change the Portal icon text so it looks the same as the Fences ones?

Here's what I mean...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105663038/Screenshot%20%2836%29.png

You can clearly see that the Games Portal has emboldened icon text compared with the other normal Fences in that screenshot.

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 15, 2013 8:13:46 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ar your fonts bold when you use Windows Explorer to explore your drive?

August 22, 2013 8:03:29 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

No, they're not.

This 'glitch' only appears to occur with Portals and not normal Fences as you can see from the screenshot I linked to. The only Portal is the one called Games; the others are standard Fences with normal looking text. Just look at the 3DMark03 text in the Demos and Benchmark Fence for example and compare it with the Dead Island Riptide text immediately above it in the Game Portal. Why does this happen?

I've also noticed that the emboldened look isn't consistent even throughout the Portal. It appears to occur on lighter parts of the background with text on darker backgrounds looking more normal. When I press F2 on an icon in a Portal to rename it the colour scheme makes it very difficult to see what I'm typing. I've never experienced this issue with normal Explorer windows so I can only conclude that it is an issue with Fences, specifically with the Portals themselves. I can't see any options to change the font or colours so I'm stuck with what I have.

August 22, 2013 9:32:47 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Can you post a few screenshots?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 22, 2013 10:02:06 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yes, I can upload more screenshots but you clearly see the issue I'm describing in the screenshot I linked to in the opening post.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.