The Yugioh thread!

By on August 12, 2013 10:21:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ZombiesRus5

Join Date 02/2009
+291

My oldest son is re-living some of his youth and has sucked me into playing the card game Yugioh.

So far we spend half our games arguing about rules and how the other's deck is OP in one way or another.

He's even managed to pull his younger brothers off the X-box which is no small miracle. We used to hate Yugioh as a trading card when he was younger, but it's a pretty fun game to play.

Anyone play here? Any advice? 

16 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 13, 2013 10:22:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

My son was into Yu Gi Oh for a while, and I got into it too. We even have the Wii game.

Yep, we argued about the rules too. Especially how to handle the God cards. (e.g. Obelisk the Tormentor)

We haven't played it in about a year. He seems to be more interested in girls now.  

August 13, 2013 10:24:42 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Borg999,
He seems to be more interested in girls now.

I've heard that happens....

August 20, 2013 9:38:56 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi, yeah, I was plying this game fro a bit too, as any of those games that are contagious lol So if you need tips on playing Yo Gi Oh, here are the links to the articles that I used while learning

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/index.html

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rules

http://www.askwiki.net/How-to-Play-Yugioh
And this is where you can play it online http://www.yugioh-card.com/

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 20, 2013 9:42:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks,

I'm assembling my Zombie theme'd deck now. 

August 20, 2013 10:03:08 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That's a Yugo....

August 20, 2013 11:29:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting fanciscline,
And this is where you can play it online http://www.yugioh-card.com/[/quote]

Um where exactly? I just see the official site

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

Thanks,

I'm assembling my Zombie theme'd deck now. 

I shouldn't be surprised, but god dammit do I hate zombie world. 

If you or anyone else wants to play each other sometime, Dueling Network is a good site for playing far away friends, or if you don't want to spend the money to collect all the cards. 

August 20, 2013 11:31:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

August 20, 2013 1:42:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
I shouldn't be surprised, but god dammit do I hate zombie world. 

Yeah, my son's trying to setup his deck so he can remove that from the field.

August 20, 2013 2:30:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Actually there is a zombie themed deck, I use to like watching Yu-Gi-Oh, still do, the Zombie Themed deck was used in the Max A Million series.

August 20, 2013 9:51:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

Quoting GoaFan77, reply 6I shouldn't be surprised, but god dammit do I hate zombie world. 

In my opinion its bad to be too paranoid about any specific card like that, unless it can be run in virtually any deck (like Gorz or whatever hot card is in right now) . Just have some extra antispell card support in his extra deck should be enough, or if possible avoid deck archtypes that have effects that require non-Zombie types.

August 20, 2013 9:56:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

Quoting ZombiesRus5, reply 8

Quoting GoaFan77, reply 6I shouldn't be surprised, but god dammit do I hate zombie world. 

In my opinion its bad to be too paranoid about any specific card like that, unless it can be run in virtually any deck (like Gorz or whatever hot card is in right now) . Just have some extra antispell card support in his extra deck should be enough, or if possible avoid deck archtypes that have effects that require non-Zombie types.

We are playing with physical cards so yeah that's pretty much all he is doing. He didn't have any cards that removed spell cards prior to that.

August 20, 2013 10:01:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

Quoting GoaFan77, reply 10

Quoting ZombiesRus5, reply 8

We are playing with physical cards so yeah that's pretty much all he is doing. He didn't have any cards that removed spell cards prior to that.

Yeah that's a pretty big weakness then. What kind of deck does he run, I think even virtually all the premade decks have at least one card to destroy spell/trap cards.

Edit: And yes, I play with both physical cards too, but I don't have the money to invest a lot in it, so I just get the occasional structure deck if I want some specific cards or strategy to use. Don't really get any booster packs anymore, maybe a tin or isolated card ship purchase for a specific needed card.

August 20, 2013 10:02:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
Yeah that's a pretty big weakness then. What kind of deck does he run, I think even virtually all the premade decks have at least one card to destroy spell/trap cards.

The new Dragon deck with w/e cards he's swapped in/out.

August 20, 2013 10:21:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

Quoting GoaFan77, reply 12Yeah that's a pretty big weakness then. What kind of deck does he run, I think even virtually all the premade decks have at least one card to destroy spell/trap cards.

The new Dragon deck with w/e cards he's swapped in/out.

Dragons Collide? Nice, my primary deck is dragons, though certainly not the most recent one. A mix of old school dragons and the Rise of the Dragon Lords structure deck mostly. Probably will get the White Dragon structure deck when it comes out soon. Admittingly I just run a dust tornado, Mystical Space Typhoon and Heavy Storm to get rid of spells, my dragon deck is more about swarming so the occasional loss to spell cards is usually recoverable. Sadly Zombie World is a very annoying card to dragon decks that rely on Red Eyes Darkness metal dragon a lot, so I know his pain. 

August 20, 2013 10:27:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
so I know his pain

He does not take it well

August 21, 2013 4:38:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All he needs to get rid of Zombie world is to play another field spell. Easiest solution imo. I run a full spellcaster deck, so Zombie world would be a problem if I didn't run a few dark deals and field spell of my own. I prefer The Magical Citadel of Endymion, but I can run a Secret Village of the Spellcasters - Royal Decree combo if needed (Royal decree negates the effects of all other traps and SVotS makes it so if you have no spellcasters you cannot use spells).

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.