Strange problem with Firefox maximized

By on August 5, 2013 9:35:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

MCMXC2

Join Date 08/2007

Hi, I'm using the Beta of WindowBlinds 8 that solved many problems with many skins, but not one: with some skins, when maximizing Firefox, there are some "missing lines" in the top showing the background...

Here the problem http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/4180/47we.jpg

Any tips on how to correct this, please?

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 5, 2013 9:51:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Latest version of Firefox is a bit buggy. Not all skins applied with WB config skin correctly. Try excluding Firefox in Windowblinds and see if that corrects it.

August 5, 2013 10:10:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That happens a lot with Firefox MCMXC2. I have found through experience that it is not Firefox, but rather an incorrectly made maximized window frame image in a lot of cases. Does it do it with all WB skins or just one or two?

August 5, 2013 12:44:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Not all the skins, just some.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 5, 2013 3:49:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Out of curiosity which skins are affected.

August 5, 2013 8:20:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That's looking like a Caption height issue, from the skin code, the Caption height may not be matching the height of the titlebar graphic and if there the skin is older maybe it doesn't even have the "Frame Top Maximized" image, then the skin will use the regular top image, which could reinforce that problem.

Another thing that skinner should keep in mind is that you should not set Top and Bottom sizing margins for the Caption frame, only Left and Right.

Plus tip: in Windows 7 and 8, skins should have the "Window glass areas" all set, right now all browsers need those to work properly

Here is where to set those:

August 6, 2013 2:42:31 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Uvah,

Out of curiosity which skins are affected.

Mainly old ones like the Metalcolor I'm using now...

Quoting danioc,

in Windows 7 and 8, skins should have the "Window glass areas" all set, right now all browsers need those to work properly

Yes, they are not set in the skin I'm using now... I tried to got the values from another skin that had no problems, but it didn't work:(

August 6, 2013 8:05:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

MCMXC2,

You can't only add the values, you need to set the graphics too, did you try that?

August 9, 2013 7:54:28 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yes:(

Well, I have solved it in the Peer Applications menu: I have just configured Firefox to use another skin that does not have that problem:)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.