Photoshop CS6 and WindowBlinds 8 bug

WindowBlinds hates checkboxes. I mean really hates them.

By on August 4, 2013 12:57:22 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

katyggls

Join Date 01/2008

I reported this in another thread, but since I was kind of hijacking that thread as it was about a separate bug (which I also had but is now fixed) I thought I'd start a new thread.

The problem I'm having is that WindowBlinds is messing up any and all menus with checkboxes in Photoshop CS6 Extended (x64). Examples:

http://i.imgur.com/kpszVEP.png

http://i.imgur.com/BFyumLI.png

http://i.imgur.com/aAdGHOg.png

Mind you, these screenshots are taken even with Photoshop excluded totally from being skinned in the WB8 settings. If I unload WindowBlinds, the menus return to normal: http://i.imgur.com/KcJZiSp.png

I've tried a bunch of different skins, issue persists across all of them.

I'm using Windows 8 x64, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, graphics drivers up to date, 16 GB of RAM, Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHz, WindowBlinds 8.01.

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 4, 2013 8:24:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have the exact situation using windows 8. The last update 8.1 corrected windows 7 but 8 is a mess.

I'm very shocked that no one else has reported this.

Support is off for the weekend for the most part and hopefully someone will see this tomorrow. This thread may need a bump and maybe more people will add to this thread about the problem. Any and all skins have the same problem.

August 4, 2013 6:21:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

hey guys i had trouble with the old version  aswell
upgraded to the current version that was available in stardock central windowblinds there was also deskscapes start8 and i think decor updates
since that everything works just fine checkboxes are normal and the text is ok aswell.

If not try updating your drivers for the card you are using...i know it was mentioned that your drivers are up to date,
but having a nvidia card myself i know that you never can be sure if the driver is realy the newest available
sometimes multiple choices and it never hurts to make a clean driver install once in a while to get rid of the old files.
The main drivers that can be found on nvidia.com have the option to uninstall everything and install fresh its mostly the option on the bottom.
current drivers for the GT640 is 320.49 WHQL but there is also a (326.41 BETA) driver

also if you have windows8.1 you should look into the win8.1 section of nvidia that has been recently added

But you can also just unload windowblinds to windows8 standart look and then load up your adobe product to check if windowblinds is involved with these problems. 

August 4, 2013 9:42:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Roloccolor,
hey guys i had trouble with the old version  aswell
upgraded to the current version that was available in stardock central windowblinds there was also deskscapes start8 and i think decor updates
since that everything works just fine checkboxes are normal and the text is ok aswell.

I have the latest version of all of the above. Checkboxes in Photoshop still jacked.

Quoting Roloccolor,
If not try updating your drivers for the card you are using...i know it was mentioned that your drivers are up to date,
but having a nvidia card myself i know that you never can be sure if the driver is realy the newest available
sometimes multiple choices and it never hurts to make a clean driver install once in a while to get rid of the old files.
The main drivers that can be found on nvidia.com have the option to uninstall everything and install fresh its mostly the option on the bottom.
current drivers for the GT640 is 320.49 WHQL but there is also a (326.41 BETA) driver

Hmm. I tried updating to the 320.49 driver on the NVIDIA website, but everytime I do, Deskscapes stops working (yes I rebooted) and I get a "DirectX could not be started on your machine" error message. Plus it didn't fix the Photoshop problem. So I rolled back to my current driver, which I thought was up to date, since when I checked for driver updates through the device manager, it said everything was up to date. Needless to say if the 320.49 version causes issues, I'm not going to try the beta right now. Also I don't think this is the issue since I did install it and Photoshop checkboxes were still messed up.

Quoting Roloccolor,
But you can also just unload windowblinds to windows8 standart look and then load up your adobe product to check if windowblinds is involved with these problems. 

My original post states that I did exactly that. That's how I know it's a WindowBlinds issue.

Thanks for trying though! I appreciate the attempt and advice.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 5, 2013 6:21:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Being that WB is still in beta these sort of issues will pop up now and then methinks. Good that they are being reported.

August 5, 2013 2:27:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I didn't do a thing to a program or my computer but now I have no problem on win8. Go figure.

August 6, 2013 9:00:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting DaveBax,

I didn't do a thing to a program or my computer but now I have no problem on win8. Go figure.

Bizarrely, same thing here. I did nothing. And now suddenly it's working fine, no checkbox issues.

August 6, 2013 10:52:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Gremlins decided to go elsewhere

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000329   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.