Fence Names

By on July 24, 2013 8:27:01 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Bob_I_Am

Join Date 07/2013

Hi folks

New kid on the block here. I am wondering if you can have a fence with just the name of the fence showing until you mouse over. I saw a post from 2009 but it had no replies. 

I am currently using the free version and really like it so far.

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 25, 2013 9:24:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The free version of Fences (Fences v1) is no longer supported.

What you describe is not possible with v2 at this time..

July 25, 2013 7:14:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for the quick reply.

It would seem that this feature would be desirable knowing that multiple screens are available. With the ability for fences to be hidden it would be nice to be able to have this option so one would not have to hunt all over the screen to try to remember were their fences were.

Is there perhaps something that might take its place already inherent two fences 2.0?

July 25, 2013 8:18:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi

Why not use AUTOHIDE, just double left click on the desktop to hide the fences, and then when they are needed double left click the desktop to show them again.  I know there is a feature in version 2 of Fences which allows you to exclude a fence from the autohide function.

Cheers

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 25, 2013 10:22:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks GigaByte69 for the suggestion. I have played around with that and I do not like it all that much even though it is a good feature. I have a lot of stuff in various folders in Win 7. My thought was if just the fence name was shown. I could perhaps stack some together which would kind of give me a list of what was available.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.