Thumbnail icons not showed

(Internet Explorer 10) direct website links showed with (ugly) default icons instead in their (orginal) thumbnail icons

By on July 24, 2013 4:37:46 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums External Link

SamSam28

Join Date 07/2013

Hi

The the shortcut icons of (Internet Explorer 10) direct website links (e.g. http://dict.leo.org/?lang=de) are only shown as a default icon ("e"-2D-picture with gray background) in Object Desktop's animated 'Apple-tasklist'. Is it possible to change/update this (ugly) default icon with the thumbnail of that particular website, same as it shown on Windows 7 standard Task list?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Sam

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 24, 2013 7:37:12 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Can you upload a picture of your dock so I can be sure what you are posting about?

Perhaps the standard taskbar too?

July 24, 2013 9:29:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Would love too, but I haven't figured out how I to upload or paste the print screen pictures here. Any suggestions?

July 25, 2013 5:08:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There's a PRTSC (print screen) button on your keyboard. Pressing it creates a 'snapshot' of your screen. Open MSpaint, or any graphics program you have. Go to file > new and when the window opens go to edit > paste and the image will show. Go to file > save as and give it a name, save it as a jpeg. You'll need an image hosting site like photobucket or image shack, signing up is free. Once done follow the instructions to upload your image. Then come back to this thread and in the tool bar click on the green tree, a window will open.

In photobucket (one I use) click on the upload button, a window opens, inside click on 'browse for image' then go to where you saved the jpeg. Click on that image and it will upload to photobucket then click on 'view album'. When the image shows up mouse over the gear icon in the top right corner, a dialogue box opens, click on 'links', then click on 'direct link', it'll say copy. After you click on the green tree inside the dialogue box right click on the blank field and click paste. The url for the image will show up then click on 'insert' then ok and your screenshot will appear here.    

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 25, 2013 8:54:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for the quick answer. 

Here you as requested the print screen of the problem: 

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag128/samspam28/Printscreen_ObjectDesktop_Problem_zps6aab07d8.jpg

I have problems with website links that are pined onto the taskbar. On the
original Windows 7 taskbar they are correctly showed with their (website-)
thumbnail icon. In the object desktop taskbar from Stardock, however; these
links are showed with a default icons,which are not nice. It's also rather
confusing having several identic icons with different actions (links).
How can these incorrect icons of these (website-)links on the object
desktop taskbar be replaced by their original (website-)thumbnail (like as
they are used in the original Windows taskbar)?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.