Objectdock keep crashing

By on July 23, 2013 10:10:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Joesplace

Join Date 06/2007

ObjectDock v2 is installed on windows 8 (Dell Inspiron 660) and crashes every single day! Tried uninstalling but that doesn't help - does same thing again. It also can't find it's own configuration and goes back to the default dock. This sure is frustrating, anyone having the same problem? How do you troubleshoot or fix?

thanks - joe

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 24, 2013 5:41:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you haven't done so already, please email support@stardock.com and start a trouble ticket. They would be happy to "troubleshoot" this issue.

When you receive the auto-reply ticket number post it here in a comment.

July 24, 2013 3:03:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks - sent the email  . . .

July 26, 2013 2:27:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well Hankers, they didn't troubleshoot the issue at all. I got a reply from Tech Support and they sent the SDTOOLUTILITY asking me to run it and send the results, which I did. They replied saying "It sounds like something in your configuration files may be corrupt." Do a backup and restore of ObjectDock and let us know what happens. 

I replied to say "I know it's a corrupt configuration file and I reloaded several times but it's still crashing. I sent the SDTOOL report so you can help me understand what causing the conflict."

RocketDock ran fine, guess I should have left well enough alone . . .

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 27, 2013 10:11:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Tech support replied again and sent a tool to purge ObjectDock from the hard drive completely.

After purging, I did a re-install and it seems to be working . . .

July 27, 2013 12:27:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Please tell me what the remove tool the support team has given to you?? I have one issues on OD that after reinstall of it,has no jump-list preview. 

July 27, 2013 9:38:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The purge tool is called "Purge ObjectDock new.bat" and it removes all trail droppings of the initial ObjectDock install including registry entries. Afterrunning the tool, I re-installed and everything is working fine . . .

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.