Need skin for vision impaired

No speech

By on July 21, 2013 7:29:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

ZillQueen

Join Date 07/2013

Hi all - 

I have been trying to customize Win7 for impaired vision users - that would be for me, and also for a friend. Speech doesn't do it, and the Win 'high contrast' themes are worse than useless.

I am testing this package, and if it will work for us, we will both buy it. However, we have no use for 'themes' - we need to simplify, and to create high contrast options without making the sortware interfaces impossible to use. Since this package seems to skin apps as well as the OS, I have high hopes for it.

The opening screens haven't been very helpful. I don't mind building from scratch, but if there are high contrast designs out there, I'd as soon not redevelop the wheel. 

Help, anyone?

tia -

Lynn

(ZillQueen)

10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 21, 2013 8:23:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

All the space after your last sentence, is there supposed to be a skin there, cause I ain't seein' it.

July 21, 2013 10:51:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

All the space after your last sentence, is there supposed to be a skin there, cause I ain't seein' it.

me eather

July 22, 2013 4:44:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting TechNoWeb,

Quoting RedneckDude, reply 1

me eather

Sorry, a little spell check fun.  Me Eat-her, or me either?,lol, just picking

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 22, 2013 4:49:53 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have twenty twenty million different things started at the moment, but, this sounds like a challenge, and i love a challenge. So, I offer my skinning services to develop a skin for you. We can collaborate via email and pm, and you can test along the way to get what you need. Just post here as to your answer, or pm me, DT1

September 15, 2013 3:46:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thank you! I will pm you with my email, and I can't tell you how grateful I am!

September 15, 2013 3:49:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

To the posters above: Thank you for  your posts. I am unfamiliar with this forum, and had no idea my post would have a half acre of white space. Thank you for pointing that out. If this one comes out the same way, perhaps the posting screen has a control I am not aware of. Not something I have run into before, and I do use forums, however reluctantly. Your replies would account for my lack of enthusiasm.

September 25, 2013 4:07:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

i did a skin for touch screen ages ago with very big buttons that was a challenge , this is something else hope doortech can help you out on this one ..

September 25, 2013 5:42:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have yet to receive a pm from this person.I waited a month for the last reply, so am still expecting one sometime.Waiting anxiously!

October 13, 2013 5:06:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This would be a great project to include those that are visually impaired. My eyes aren't that good anymore either. We must not ignore those who still want to use or participate in skinning. They are a valued community and we need to address the issue of providing them with the same benefits that we all take for granted. Perhaps community projects to undertake providing them with the same customizations that we all enjoy would be beneficial. I would be glad to contribute and knowing the requirements I will always set aside time for a more than worthy project. I can always find time & a challenge is an opprtunity to grow. We need ideas, from the individuals, we need visually impaired testers, & we need those willing to turn those ideas into reality. You have my support ZillQueen let me know what you need. Ease of access should extend in our community as well.

October 13, 2013 3:34:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I did reply to you,  but probably in email, but then discovered that my mail client had issues .. you don't want to know, but I suspect my client ate some mail.

If you reply here, I will now receive the notification, though, and in the meantime, I will try to find the email and resend it. 

Thank you again for the offer!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.