small text color bug in startmenu

By on July 19, 2013 4:37:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

astrakan7

Join Date 06/2013

Hello,

Will try to explain how to reproduce this small bug:

1-open startmenu

2-click on all-programs

3-click on a folder --> the folder content on mouseover appears with "Selected item text" color (defined in skin colours section)

4-move the mouse to the right hand side and go back to the left --> now on mouseover the color used is the one defined in the startmenu section.

best regards

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 20, 2013 11:53:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That would be an issue with the WB skin itself not having the colors set correctly. You might want to contact the author and let them know.

July 20, 2013 1:24:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

well, i am the author of the skin

But as the text color changes after the mouse going out and back to the menu, it's a WB issue, I think.

Possibly not a lot of skins can see that bug because of using same text color in the start menu section and in the main color section (Selected item text).

July 20, 2013 1:24:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I agree with Lightstar,and if this skin is the skin you just released, you have some issues with settings.I looked at  the wba. If this is not your skin, the author has some issues to fix.

FYI, you can ask for help on skinning issues, we all like to help.Put a post in the skinning section for help next time , w will do just that.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 20, 2013 3:39:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for helping !

Well, my skin is here : http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Astrakan-Red-386704395

I think my english is too bad to explain what is going on.

Applying this skin and doing what I wrote in post1 you will see the 2 differents colors: The one named "Selected item text" and defined in colors section in SKS, and the one defined in StartMenu section. As the startmenu is with a dark background I can't set these 2 colors the same ...

thanks again !

July 20, 2013 6:29:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

OKAY, GOT THE WBA.

a FEW THINGS.

First the text issue is easy to fix. Go to :

Edit start menu section and under text settings for programs list, change the UNUSED IGNORE section color and you will be good.

SecondDelete the unused sections in that area such as expanded menus and such which contain no images.

Third, and I just happen to notice, A slight jiggle in the vert scrollbar, meaning one is sized or spaced wrong, just a tweak. Others will check skins for you and I offer also just to help get you skinning better if you wanted. Hope it helps,DT1.

Also, your download issue at DA with the wba is only IE maybe, worked fine in FF.

July 20, 2013 6:40:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

When you have sks open, if you click on the area at the bottom where it says HELP,a delete this section dialogue will appear, use that to delete is easy, but do not use it for glyph image removal, that will delete the image also, just some FYI.

For glyphs, open the skin folder and delete the tga manually.Cheers.

July 20, 2013 6:56:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks doortech1 !

it's working. Definitely, a documentation from stardock would be a good thing: when I see "UNUSED IGNORE" it means for me something like "reserved for system" and so I let it blank ...

About deleting unused parts, how ?? [EDIT: ok I got it !]

thanks

July 20, 2013 7:53:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You are welcome. I agree on the unused ignore, but it is a large program. Still could not skin as good without it, enjoy.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000360   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.