Fences v2.11 Beta Update Available

By on July 19, 2013 3:14:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+591

The betas can be downloaded via the store accounts page (https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products/) or Stardock Central (if Show betas is enabled). 

Fences addresses a drag and drop issue with icons on the desktop with Windows 8.1, as well as a similar (but unrelated) issue for some customers who are also running Stardock's DeskScapes product.

15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 22, 2013 5:21:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have Windows 8.1, but a trial version of Fences. My symptoms are that when Fences is enabled, it locks the position of all icons including desktop ones. When disabled they are still locked. Logging off and on cures the issue, but they lock again immediately when Fences is enabled. I would like to get the beta to see if it cures the problem before I purchase. However there doesn't appear to be any way to get the beta unless you have the paid product.

August 28, 2013 1:51:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If I'm not mistaken, some betas are only available to customers and/or subscribers.

August 28, 2013 2:12:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes, betas are for customers and subscribers as RND mentioned.  The last beta update addressed this:

Fences addresses a drag and drop issue with icons on the desktop with Windows 8.1, as well as a similar (but unrelated) issue for some customers who are also running Stardock's DeskScapes product.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 17, 2013 8:57:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i have bought fences 2.0 and cannot download the beta (and not even the normal 2.0 installer from my downloads page, tried with ie and chrome // on top of that fences does not show up in stardock central...)

September 17, 2013 10:34:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am a fences 2.0 user. I can't download the beta version also. Please help to deal with the situation. 

September 18, 2013 8:35:09 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

There was a glitch in the system, now resolved.  

Please try again and post again if you continue to have any issues.

September 27, 2013 3:28:41 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The betas can be downloaded via the store accounts page (https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products/) or Stardock Central (if Show betas is enabled).

Strange.  I can see the ModernMix beta, but not the Fences Beta.  Is there something special I need to do?

September 27, 2013 7:36:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Lichbane,

Strange.  I can see the ModernMix beta, but not the Fences Beta.  Is there something special I need to do?

This post is from July.  What once was beta is now gold.

October 7, 2013 6:14:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro RTM over the weekend and while Fences v2.11 appears to functionally work fine, I've noticed that the windows themselves don't appear to draw in properly on booting to the desktop. The bottom edge extends further down for some icons than others so it isn't a straight edge. Hitting F5 to refresh the desktop fixes it but this is not an issue I ever noticed while using Fences on Windows 8 Pro.

If required then I can upload a screenshot showing the issue the next time it happens? And if it makes any difference I'm using the latest v331.40 beta drivers for my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 graphics card on a single 1920x1200 HP IPS monitor.

October 19, 2013 1:39:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Installed / Updated to Windows 8.1 RTM yesterday.
And Fences 2.11 today but the Problem with drag and drop with the Desktop icons is still there.
With Fences enabled i am unable to move my non-fenced desktop icons (Auto arrange Disabled and Sort by set to None), not even into an existing Fence, all icons locked, very annoying.

(Same problem as WrayKS1 reply #1)

October 22, 2013 9:21:49 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hey guy's,

I have Windows 8.1 Pro.

1.  When I copy any file from a folder to my desktop for some reason the icon goes to the far left of my screen and stacks up with the other icons(Non-Fenced) instead of just staying where I dropped it.

2. When I try to drag and drop from a folder-portal to my desktop or another fence it just doesn't work and I can't even click any icon in my folder portal & can't make any folder portals either.

Please fix this guy's I am running the 2.11 version

October 22, 2013 9:55:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

My problems got fixed by themselves it seams sorry guy's !

October 22, 2013 7:30:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Perhaps a stupid question, but in my account, is the file marked as a beta, or just with the file version?

October 23, 2013 3:33:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Is the a game?? Why can't I find fences 2.11

October 23, 2013 3:38:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You can download v2.11 from your Stardock account.  It's not marked as a beta.

http://download.stardock.com

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001828   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.