How do you maximize a fence?

By on July 19, 2013 12:01:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

kirk5

Join Date 02/2013

How do you maximize a fence. Or can you?

When i want to look inside the fence t ogo throug hthe files and decide what to work on, I want to be able to maximize the fences. Then minimize them back down or restore them to the original size.

I haven't been able to find a way yet. If it's not an option then this is pretty unusable for me.I might as well drop the files on folder icons and be bale to do what i want with them.

So can we maximize a fence or do I have to uninstall?

Tks

Kirk

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 19, 2013 12:32:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You can change the size of a fence by dragging its border, but fences do not "maximize" and "minimize" like windows, kirk5.

You can sort fence contents by name, etc. Fences do not, however "zoom".

You can put a file on the desktop and create a fence (a folder portal) that will allow the display of the folders you determine, and put one of these on a "page" and make them the size of your desktop. Creating a "folder portal" (one per page) sounds to me like what you basically wish to do.

You can also put each regular fence on its own "page" and make the fence size the size of the desktop itself.

July 19, 2013 12:56:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

*if* all those files are stored in the same folder on your hard drive, make it a portal as shown in the video above.  That way, you can double click inside the fence and it will open explorer.... which can be maximized.

July 19, 2013 1:10:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I really appreciate all of the information.

If I have 8 fences for different projects workflows etc then i'd have to swipe across several pages.

I'm just going to go back to using folders on my desktop. Then i can maximize and it does what i want.

Thank you again but i'm just going to uninstall and go back to how it works better for me.

Kirk

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.