DeskScape across 2 Monitors

By on July 19, 2013 7:06:59 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Markk01

Join Date 07/2001

Hi, I'm using DeskScape 8 on Windows 8 with 2 monitors. Can I use 1 DeskScape across both monitors ? I can get it to show the same DeskScape on both monitors but for the 'Natural Bliss' DeskScape it would look better playing across both screens.

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 19, 2013 9:20:53 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Should be a dropdown list at the bottom right of DeskScapes where you can select Apply to Monitor 1 or Apply to Monitor 2 Markk01. At least there is on my system and I can apply the same or different DeskScapes to both monitors easily.

But if you mean stretching the same DeskScape across the two monitors, no, I don't think that is possible unless someone makes the DeskScape specifically for that purpose, and it would probably be a really huge file.

July 19, 2013 9:30:43 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

DeskScapes capabilities give you the option to have different wallpaper on each of your monitors or stretch video and static wallpapers over multiple monitors. From the product feature page: http://www.stardock.com/products/deskscapes/features.asp

Look in settings, the option is there. I'm on XP atm, so I can't be more specific, but I have done this on my Win7 rig.

July 19, 2013 9:40:51 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

O.K. what I meant to say was stretch across 2 Monitors but Yes I understand the file size would be a bit too big. On Windows 8 there is no setting 'Stretch video and static wallpapers over multiple monitors'.

So, I will go on as is. Thanks for the info.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 19, 2013 9:57:27 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Markk01,

O.K. what I meant to say was stretch across 2 Monitors but Yes I understand the file size would be a bit too big. On Windows 8 there is no setting 'Stretch video and static wallpapers over multiple monitors'.

So, I will go on as is. Thanks for the info.

Sure there is, you just have to poke around a bit. In Win 8, select a dream. Click on the Adjust button and additional settings will be available including stretch.

P.S. In fact, it works quite well and looks great. My monitors are 1680x1050 and 1440x900.

July 19, 2013 10:36:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

And thanks for validating my reason for having Windows 8 installed. I dual boot into it for just such an occasion.

July 19, 2013 11:29:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

And thanks for validating my reason for having Windows 8 installed. I dual boot into it for just such an occasion.

Now that's darn funny right there!!  Good job Wiz!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000032   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.