Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

WindowBlinds Not playing nice!

By on July 9, 2013 7:54:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

alexgerry310

Join Date 05/2013

Ive noticed that windowblinds themes do not like to play nice with avast antivirus. The problem is that when i open up setting on avast the window starts to get slimer and slimer until there is no window left.

avast works fine with the theme that comes with your windows 7 (Aero)

any help is much  appreciated

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 9, 2013 8:16:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What version of WindowBlinds are you using?

July 9, 2013 10:04:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Funny - I'm not seeing any issue with WindowBlinds 8,0 and Avast 8.0.1489 (the latest version) on my Windows 8 laptop.  It might be a driver issue with alexgerry's system or missing updates.  I've used several different themes (mostly the newest essorant themes...) and aren't experiencing the problems that have been reported.  The only issue I have noted is that when I run the Stardock-made Win8 Metro theme there's a tendency for it to "stick" to the top of the screen if a window gets too close to the top - not having any other major problems with newer skins.

BTW - I reinstalled the Sabertooth skin from WindowBlinds 7.41 and it works fine on the system - not sure why it was removed from the preinstalled skins but I'm submitting my vote to put it back in.

July 10, 2013 3:22:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Im running WindowBlinds 7

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 10, 2013 3:50:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't use Avast any more but I have seen this as well on Win7/64 and WB7.xx  with most skins I used. Most notably, when disabling Avast for a specified time period. The dialog box that opens will continue to shink down to nothing. IIRC, Tab or Shift would make the box full sized again. You have to be a quick clicker to hit those buttons though.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.