quicklaunch dock does not pop-up on mousse touch

By on July 9, 2013 3:00:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Fre2d

Join Date 07/2013

Hi,

I like a lot objetdock. I have just re-instal it on my new computer with Win 8. But does not work as well as with win 7 (was perfect in responding and so).

The problem I'm facing is that the Quicklaunch Dock does not pop-up when I touch the edge of the screen with the mouse.

The only way it works it's when I open a windows explorer first. But if I use any other software before, it doesn't show-up when I go for it with the mousse.

My config is quite new (screen 1920x1080) May be that is the problem?

Any body has had this problem?

Thank you.

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 9, 2013 4:15:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Right click on the dock and go to settings > accessibility. On the right side make sure 'show dock when mouse touches edge' is checked. Also...do you have autohide enabled? And make sure always on top is unchecked.

July 10, 2013 2:14:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thank you for your answer.

I already use this programm on an old computer, so a know all the chek box possibilities. I have already tried what you said but no result.

Before purchasing a new license (for my new PC), I'm usinig a trial version. Is it possible that when it's registred, the software is updated? Or even for the trial version, I have the very last version?

Is it possible that a win 8 + screen 1920x1080 makes it "out of range" the the mouse to be detected when it's over on the edge of the screen?

NOTE : If I have the windows exploror on screen ==> it works just well (pop-up normal with mousse on edge). But when I have for example FireFox ==> no way

I CANNOT think of using a computer without objecdock so if you have any other idea, I will enjoy to try it.

Thank you.

July 10, 2013 3:38:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'll bump this one. Perhaps OD works a bit different on 8. I run Win 7. Sorry it didn't work.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000157   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.