Deskcapes and Windows 8.1 Preview

By on July 7, 2013 12:05:08 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

ChicagoRican

Join Date 09/2003

I tried to install the Windows 8.1 Preview on my pc but received a message from Windows stating that I had to uninstall Descapes.

I then uninstall Descapes and retried the Window 8.1 Preview but it gave me the same message that I had to uninstall Descapes even though I had already uninstalled Descapes and rebooted my computer.

I then did a manual registry search on my system registry and deleted any registry key that reference Descaped, rebooted my pc, and tried to install Windows 8.1 Preview.

Still no luck and still received the same error message.

Any suggestion?

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 7, 2013 7:58:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What OS are you upgrading from and what version of DeskScapes did you have installed?

Usually when Microsoft block an app they contact us so we can agree on what files should be detected etc, but Microsoft dropped the ball on DeskScapes and forgot about it until the last second and do not seem to have contacted us and so I have no idea what they are looking for.  My best guess would be something is left in the DeskScapes directory in Program files (x86).

DeskScapes 8 should work fine on Windows 8.1 though and in testing here it seemed ok, but that was installing 8.0 onto an existing Windows 8.1 install.

July 7, 2013 8:44:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I attempted to install the Windows 8.1 Preview over my existing Windows 8.0 OS.

July 7, 2013 8:54:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting ChicagoRican,

I attempted to install the Windows 8.1 Preview over my existing Windows 8.0 OS.

Which version of DeskScapes did you have installed?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 8, 2013 7:33:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I had previously upgraded to Deskscapes 8, but as mentioned I have uninstalled it.  Actual I currently do not have any Object Desktop applications installed on my computer.  I uninstalled them all in an attempt to in stall Windows 8.1

September 5, 2013 4:48:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

http://forums.wincustomize.com/448101/page/1/

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.