LogonStudio

Advice

By on July 4, 2013 12:23:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

somethingda...

Join Date 07/2013

So, today I downloaded LogonStudio and downloaded the Mac OS X Tiger Brushed.logonxp file. I opened LogonStudio and went to load the .logonxp file, but it says LogonStudio was unable to decode this XP logon package<location>. Please rename this file to a .zip and extract the image manually.
Is there something I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. 

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 4, 2013 1:20:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There is "LogonStudio" which runs on XP, Vista, Win7,  There is "LogonStudioXP" which only runs on XP.  The ".logonxp" files are only for LogonStudioXP.  I'm guessing you're not running XP..

As the error message stated, you can rename the "xxxxxx.logonxp" file to "xxxxx.zip" and then open it with a zip utility such as WinZip or whatever, then pull the main background image out of it and use that as your LogonStudio wallpaper.  There are many images within the file, I believe the main image is named "100.bmp"

If you can just find the wallpaper for the logon background you're wanting, it is better to just load the wallpaper into LogonStudio. It should look a little better. 

This is where you can find the themes for LogonStudio (non-XP):

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/logonstudio

July 4, 2013 1:30:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Renaming it does nothing. When I try, it changes itself back. I think the AI's are finally becoming aware.

July 4, 2013 1:38:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

But yeah, I get you. I looked under the LogonStudio section to find a similar theme. Sadly, there are none for Win7.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 4, 2013 1:43:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Try making a copy of the file, then try renaming the copy to whatever.zip.

Also notice the link I added above, wasn't there when you read it before, you beat me back.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.