Objectdock reverts to default settings on reboot

By on July 4, 2013 4:07:55 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

natthelegend

Join Date 07/2013

I couldn't find this issue in the forum already, so basically:

I'm running windows 8, and have the latest free version of objectdock installed. I've configured it with all my shortcuts and formatting, and it looks great, but everytime I reboot my computer I get the hourglass for about 30 seconds after everything else has loaded, and then Objectdock loads but with all the default settings i.e. as if I had just installed it for the first time. I tried using the option in Objectdock troubleshooting to backup the settings files, but even after configuring my dock, copying the settings out, rebooting and copying the settings back in, nothing changes.

I'm also running Start8, but that has no problems at all.

Any help would be much appreciated, since I love the program and really want to upgrade to the full version but don't want to have to spend 10 minutes every reboot painstakingly setting the dock!

Thanks!

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 4, 2014 10:56:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi Natthe, same thing here, after restart/reboot/shutdown but it's random. It's happened about 4 times now, 2 Mths ago, 1 Mths ago, 2 weeks ago, then today. I've looked on the forums as you have and can't find the exact issue except your post.

Have you solved your issue as yet before I go to Tec Support.  Any info/help appreciated, Cheers Papy  

January 6, 2014 8:54:42 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi Pappillion,

In the end I actually solved my issue by turning off the load with windows option, and then whenever I boot my computer the first thing I do is run objectdock (from a shortcut). That seemed to work for me, and is only very slightly irritating

Hope this helps

Nat

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000797   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.