DekstopX Margin (WorkArea) span two, even three monitors?

By on June 26, 2013 10:19:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

JoeyMartin18

Join Date 06/2013
+4

Hello,

So my setup is currently my laptop screen (on my laptop of course), and my tv that is hooked up to it. I have rocketdock spanning both of them and I like to have the area blocked out so I can always access it. So for a while I was just using desktop coral which only worked on one monitor. Then I also picked up desktop x and have been using the Workarea function for one of my monitors and then desktop coral for the other. Because I know desktop coral won't/can't span my two monitors is desktop x Workarea function able to? This would simplify my set up a good deal. Also, if it can span two monitors how about 3 as I will be getting another monitor tomorrow and I'm wondering if that would work. If not is there another program similar to these two that I could then run for the 3rd monitor? Thanks!

12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 27, 2013 12:08:39 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't get your meaning.

But it is possible to run a DX theme over 4 monitors, I just did it.

June 27, 2013 12:10:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Oh, you want to reserve screen space?

June 27, 2013 12:18:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

OK, I just tried, and no. You can only reserve screen space on the main monitor. DX isn't multi monitor aware.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 27, 2013 12:37:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Dump Rocketdock. How XP can ya get?

Get Winstep Xtreme Workshelf will span all your monitors, reserve edge of screen, prevent windows from overlapping. (with adjustable gap), respect space reserved by other docks and objects, set z-order. etc.  Plus, a whole lot more. Great software and well worth getting the paid version.

If Winstep Xtreme is more than you need, try the free version of the Nexus Dock.

June 27, 2013 1:24:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well thanks for the replies...and ha um sorry wizard1956...I wasn't aware that Winstep Xtreme existed...But I'm using it now and it works great. It pretty much condensed all of the programs I was using into one.. Thanks a bunch guys.

June 27, 2013 5:27:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting JoeyMartin18,
It pretty much condensed all of the programs I was using into one..
One very good one at that, plus the developer is a really great guy.    

It's so customizable, even the options have options. Have fun exploring all the possibilities.

BTW, most ObjectDock/Rocketdock backgrounds will work with the Nexus Dock as well.

and....Welcome to WinCustomize.

June 27, 2013 6:37:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
Get Winstep Xtreme Workshelf

Is Xtreme even worth the bother anymore? Jorge has been awol, there is a major league A-Hole that is pretty much running (or thinks he is) the forums, promised new features never delivered, missing registration keys.. on and on.

June 27, 2013 6:57:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Phoon,
Is Xtreme even worth the bother anymore? Jorge has been awol, there is a major league A-Hole that is pretty much running (or thinks he is) the forums,

I think so. Real Life (tm) probably has Jorge occupied elsewhere. My sub ran out in December and I'm following his advice of not renewing until the next major update, whenever that may be. Meanwhile, the software works well, with or without any promised new features. YMMV

I never found much use for the forums over there so if some dipstick wants to run things, well, it won't bother me any.

A better question would be is DX worth the bother any more?  It has been abandoned. it seems, and is on its way to being a legacy app.

June 28, 2013 9:15:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
A better question would be is DX worth the bother any more?

Absolutely NOT! 

June 28, 2013 1:37:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Come on guys....gimmie a break!  lol

June 28, 2013 1:59:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,
Come on guys....gimmie a break!  lol

Has nothing to do with YOU sheepherder. We all know DX is hosed. You just keep digging it up and passing the "stank" around instead of letting it die in dignity!

June 28, 2013 2:09:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

...hosed?...done?...dead? Oh man, and I missed the funeral!!

OMG, I'll never forgive myself!!!   

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000515   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.