Object dock -dock style

Mirror it

By on June 25, 2013 12:20:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

1stFalloutBoy

Join Date 03/2012

I like Object dock a lot, their are a couple of things that I would like to see a Modder make for it though which I think could make for a really cool looking dock - and I don't know if what I'm thinking can be done can be done but thought I'd put this out there.

Firstly that a dock be created which is purely a mirror as its texture with the usual slight S pattern through it that seems to feature on all the docks.

Secondly that an invisible light source above the dock shine down against the mirror to give a coloured reflection off of the mirror and onto a lesser extent the icons sitting on the dock.

Thirdly that the light source could be made to be any colour or cycle through colours depending on options provided.

As I said I don't know if this is possible - but it would look so cool. 

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 25, 2013 1:18:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

if I well understand the mirror first point this is a similar concept > http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/objectdock/16988/

regarding the II and III points I created something similar ( if you like them I could update with the icons reflection ) > http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/objectdock/16842/

let me know !

June 25, 2013 2:50:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There is a dx gadget or maybe a widget that is 4 or perhaps five lights that would go well with that,they can be manually spaced apart at top of screen or wherever & if memory serves the light beam can be adjusted for length,i've tried to find them however no joy,can't even remember who made them,did a search of the gallery & nothing so i guess they're not called light or even have light in the name grrrrr

June 25, 2013 8:20:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

frankell: Not quite where I was coming from that's more of a inverted reflection of the existing dock.

My thought on the dock was the same shape as the Acrylic doc but the actual material that the dock was made of would look like a bog standard mirrored glass as made with Silver Nitrate - it would have to be almost photo realistic to be convincing the top surface of the dock would be highly reflective - then the icons would sit above that in mid air, on the acrylic example they are way to close and the idea was that you would see the reflection of the bottom of the icon, part of its rear and its front in the mirror which is the dock itself then the different coloured lights would alter the look of the mirror by having a coloured light source altering the reflection.

If I could draw worth a damn or had some other way of doing it - id try and give you a visual example but unfortunately I'm not that artsy.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 28, 2013 11:31:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't think what you're asking is possible. With the dock itself acting as the mirror and wanting the icons reflections to show in it? Then different colored lights to change the reflection's color. The lights would have to be part of the dock as would the icon reflection. Those images would be fixed and changing icons or their positions wouldn't alter what the dock shows. Maybe it can be done but I have my doubts.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.