Displayfusion taskbars not skinning correctly.

By on June 25, 2013 10:58:41 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Kuffs2205

Join Date 02/2004

I use Displayfusion taskbars on Windows 8. All was good with Windowblinds 8 whilst it was in Beta.

When I installed the final release it stopped skinning the taskbars on the non main monitors correctly. Basically the clock text is blurred, the text from the buttons is completely missing and the colour is wrong.

If I close Displayfusion and Windowblinds then start DF and WB (in that order) it works fine. It only messes up if WB loads first.

Any ideas on a fix or even how to force WB to load last? I tried setting the WB service to delayed start but it refuses and says a parameter is incorrect.

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 25, 2013 11:05:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I've passed this along to the QA team.

June 25, 2013 11:26:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I had the same problem. On Win 7 as well. Only fix I found while waiting for the official fix is to revert to WB 7.98.

I know they're working on it. We have a great support team, and a great crew of devs as well.

June 27, 2013 4:18:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi shailendra here

i am having the same problem, had installed WB 7.95 Beta installed, when i installed the final version,,of WB 8.8.0... Display fusion taskbar doesnt skins correctly,

there seems to be a blurry transparent image ,, earliar the main monitor taskbar used to replicate through DF but not anymore,,,

then i changed the skin to modified aero or aero , DF taskbar came back, but its not working with  other skins,, lator on i uninstalled the WB 8.0 final ,, and restarted machine,

reinstalled the WB 8.0 final again,, applied my desired skin , and at this point it seemed like  the reinstalling worked for me ,, but,, when i restarted the machine again,, there goes my DF taskbar,, even updated DF also,, but of no use,, the problem remains,, 

and yet onther problem i noticed is , titlebar text , window info is also missing when i installed,, WB 8.0 final ..

so i decided to GO BACK to  WB 7.95

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 2, 2013 5:07:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I am also having this problem with Windows 7 (32 bit).  The clock does not show up at all on the second monitor.

July 2, 2013 10:39:55 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

How do you download the previous version of windowsblind, so it's compatible with display fusion?

July 2, 2013 12:38:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting KunnalKainth,

How do you download the previous version of windowsblind, so it's compatible with display fusion?

If you are smart, you archived it. If you haven't, you may need to contact Stardock.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000750   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.