I did understand what you were saying. Evidently the issue was with how I tested.
There seems to be a little "memory" of what the color settings were on a per-account basis. When I logged into my domain account this morning, it was a hideous green (at least for the background) that was set for my local account. When I opened WB, the configuration screen showed that it should have been purple.
The issue with my testing seems to deal with the exact procedure I followed yesterday.
- Set Win8 skin to purple on domain account
- Set Win8 skin to green on local account
- See Win8 skin is green on domain account
- Reset Win8 skin to purple on domain account
- See Win8 skin is purple on local account
I think there were some residual settings that affected my testing, kind of like a race condition. I'm pretty sure I set the local account to default skin before testing Diamond with green. Then I logged into the domain account to find out it was green again.
With my frustration, I simply set the local account to the default Win8 skin this morning.
Just now, I wanted to re-verify my test case, so I set my local account to Diamond/green. I then quickly switched (log out/log in) over to the domain account to find out its Win8/purple settings are still intact.
End result, no issue. (Other than me.)
I may play with your substyle suggestion to see if I can have Win8 styles on different accounts with different color schemes, but I'm currently satisfied with the Diamond/green and Win8/purple styles on my local/domain account.
Thank you for your help, danioc, and keep skinning.