Whistleblower Snowden arrives in Moscow

By on June 23, 2013 3:41:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ARESIV

Join Date 05/2011
+58

According to the international press, Edward Snowden arrived in Moscow recently. It is believed that he will discuss political asylum with the ambassador of Ecuador.

I

am

laughing

my

ass

off! 

Putin probably, too.

Hopefully the possible security implications will keep those NSA and GCHQ assholes busy for a while.

The less they find time to search OUR data, the better for the rest of the world.

I am also betting any sum that all of this data is used for economic espionage, too.

This entire incident put a very dark light onto the "Free" western world. You know... it is a bit difficult to accuse China, Russia and all the others of questionable civil rights, when yourself clearly show beyond any doubt that you would remove those rights rather today than tomorow.

I dont believe your claims that it is all "for our good". If it is, why does a thirty year young man that has a great income, a girlfriend and generaly a nice live, feels the need to do that?

You do not, under any circumstances, protect civil rights, by mostly abolishing them. A fact proven countless time in old and recent human history.

One would wish, that the people of the USA and the UK would realize that, too. And then put their runaway intelligence agencies back into their steel chains, where they belong.

55 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 23, 2013 3:52:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

June 23, 2013 3:53:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Seems to me I remember that the old USSR and the Old and New Russia didn't and doesn't think too much about protecting individual civil rights.  I could be wrong, you know how us old folks are. 

June 23, 2013 4:18:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Is there some underlying reason you wasted so much website real estate for a one paragraph post?   How about the easy to read, compacted version next time???

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 23, 2013 4:42:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

People are still allowed to express themselves however they see fit. But I am sure that lawmakers will find away around this soon enough, until then, have at it and enjoy one of the last freedoms we actually still have.

June 23, 2013 4:54:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If it is, why does a thirty year young man that has a great income, a girlfriend and generaly a nice live, feels the need to do that?

Because "You can't fix stupid".

June 23, 2013 5:11:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Philly0381,
Seems to me I remember that the old USSR and the Old and New Russia didn't and doesn't think too much about protecting individual civil rights.  I could be wrong, you know how us old folks are. 

if you would be a little older you might remember that the USA introduced full civil rights for all citizens just about 25 years before the dissolution of the USSR. 

it's 2013 now though and i have only seen one man loyal to his people at the G8 summit. (maybe two, i know too little about Japan)

June 30, 2013 10:32:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

America has advanced Stalin's doctrine farther than he himself would ever think possible. He would have been proud.

June 30, 2013 12:30:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Perhaps we should give him asylum in the UK

June 30, 2013 5:22:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DaveRI,

If it is, why does a thirty year young man that has a great income, a girlfriend and generaly a nice live, feels the need to do that?

or, more likely, because, he, like a recently retired US general, have more loyalty to the bill of rights, and the rule of constitutional law, than to semi-secret, and very private bureaucracies whose primary design is to spy on everyone.  The executive branch now affirms it has 'permission' to target and kill US citizens on US soil, via drone enabled executions - without trial, without facing their accusers, without due process of law.  General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied forces (WWII) and elected President of the United States was right on in his farewell address.  Was he stupid also?

June 30, 2013 8:52:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,
Was he stupid also?

I see no comparison between Eisenhower and this guy.

June 30, 2013 8:58:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,

Quoting DaveRI, reply 5

or, more likely, because, he, like a recently retired US general, have more loyalty to the bill of rights, and the rule of constitutional law, than to semi-secret, and very private bureaucracies whose primary design is to spy on everyone.  The executive branch now affirms it has 'permission' to target and kill US citizens on US soil, via drone enabled executions - without trial, without facing their accusers, without due process of law.  General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied forces (WWII) and elected President of the United States was right on in his farewell address.  Was he stupid also?

Read a bit about Gen. Keith Alexander and what he commands. 

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/06/general-keith-alexander-cyberwar/

Beginning to get scared?

June 30, 2013 9:14:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Not to mention the fact that the EU is up in arms over US spying on them too, France and Germany in particular.

June 30, 2013 11:46:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, the Imperial US government continues to restrict personal freedoms in the name of increased security.  Our ‘allies’ are just suffering collateral damage.  I'm not a Ron Paul supporter, but I agree with one point he makes:  most of the hostility vented towards the USA is a result of our meddling in other countries’ affairs as we build their new American Empire.  US citizens lose freedom as a consequence.  I don't think any American president has enough real power to fire a modern General MacArthur (Keith Alexander).

Doc, am I afraid?  I just turned 60 - lived thru 'duck and tuck' nuclear attack exercises in grammar school; saw the US torn apart by the Vietnam War; Kent state; Nixon; attacks of 'strange fruit' in the south; the KKK marching thru Skokie, IL; Kennedy and Khrushchev dancing around Cuba; Reagan gutting American workers' unions; Congress abdicating their responsibility for declaring war; and Corporatist giants stomping regular people in the so called 'free market.' I've lived on the street, and I've been responsible for multi-million dollar budgets. I've seen the level of civility of my city decline so significantly in the past 30 years that now it isn't even safe to cross the street at a cross walk.  Police bully civilians - and look more and more like military units. I saw the collapse of the Berlin wall and believed our massive military - corporatist complex would finally be scaled back a bit and the US could go back to working towards 'alabaster cities gleaming, undimmed by human tears.'   Sadly, there is more profit in making and selling weapons: so screw "America the Beautiful." Cyber war is just more of the same.  Dickens once wrote "It was the best of times; it was the worst of times." Guess that is true all the time?  I'm not afraid for myself. I keep my passport with me at all times and live near the Canadian border.  I am afraid for my ex husband, my children, for my grand kids.  I fear that the American Dream that has become a nightmare for way too many Americans. What scares me the most is that I believe, in my heart of hearts, that the US will not awaken quickly enough?  I hope I am wrong – but history is against this.

July 1, 2013 12:48:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,

Not to mention the fact that the EU is up in arms over US spying on them too, France and Germany in particular.

I'm a bit shock that some of the US elite are saying, 'so what, everyone does it' ... No the EU, Australia and others don't spy on the US because we consider them an ally, and we have little reason to do so.

The US has been spying on their 'friends' for sometime now to get financial advantages. The EU has known this, it just easier when you have a smoking gun to start pointing a finger ...

So US, when you start having a go at China, step back and have a good look at yourself ...

July 1, 2013 3:11:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm genuinely ashamed to be a US citizen at times. What this government does to its friends and allies, all in the name of....$$$$$$$$$$$. Back in the day you didn't have to lock your door at night and it was just as safe to walk the streets at 2 am as it used to be in daylight. George Orwell had it right I guess.

July 1, 2013 3:49:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Many people have believed the Gov has been spying on them for a while. What Snowden did was confirm it. So many that were called "tin-foil hatters" have been vindicated. 

Having a few weeks to take it all in, I have had new questions arise. At first I thought how terrible it was that those in power could use information against the citizens that disagreed with them. Like IRS targeting Conservative groups. Liberals laughed and didnt think that this too can happen against them if someone on the Right was President. Then recently it dawned on me that there is a far worse scenario than the powers that be, being able to abuse its power against the citizens that disagree with them. And this is the powers that be to blackmail other powerful people to get in line with them or be destroyed with any information gathered against them through this illegal spying. 

Before you know it, these powers that be, have gained full complete control over all power and our rights and freedoms are erased. Not only are they doing this to its own citizens, but also to powerful leaders across the globe. This folks is a very scary situation. And I think with all the division thats been spread in the past 12 or so years, it will be impossible for "We the people" to come together and stop this Coop. Most people are already too ingrained in Left Vs Right that they dont see that its a ploy of Elite vs Everyone else. 

At this point, I dont think there is anything we can do to stop it. What you can do is take a step back from what you think is life, Smell the roses, Reflect on what you have (Family, Friends), Find God if you dont know him, Get back in line with God if you do know him. Buckle up and hold on tight, cause its about to get bumpy. 

July 1, 2013 9:25:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I, too, have been ashamed to be a US citizen for a number of years.  This newest 'revelation' only deepens my shame.  Now we have a new J Edgar Hoover revealed, one on steroids, and commanding actual military units.  His ilk serve the uber rich - the real owners of the U$A .

Yes, it is reminiscent of Orwell’s 1984.  Also of Babylon 5's struggle against the Earth Alliance government that 'displaced' Santiago's elected government with a shadow government whose agenda was antithetical to freedom, free elections, real choices, and free thinking. Night watch is coming out of the dark.

I remember suggesting to my children, c20 years ago, that they might seriously consider moving to a Scandinavian county, or to Canada, or Australia, NZ.  … to someplace where the social contract was still much stronger than in the U$A.

Brazil has it right.  Natural resources are the birthright of all the citizens, not of the Corporatists who sell them off for a short term gain. The birthright, a share of the natural resources, is what really finances the social contract - not a so-called ‘welfare’ or 'hand-down' or dole. Blaming the ‘poor’ has been an admirable way to keep citizens divided.  The uber rich want to horde as much as possible for themselves.  After all they have much more in common with the rich in other countries than they do with middle class or poor folks in the U$A, so , screw the citizens.  W. Bush holding hands with the ‘royals’ of Saudi Arabia says it all.  Buying the 'elected' government is the least expensive way to get control of the instruments of national sovereignty, ‘law' and the military, to cement their control. They want it all, and are using the fist of gov’t to get all that can.  Right now, that fist is wearing a soft, cushy, velvety glove. But that fist is made of compassion-less case hardened steel, and the glove is coming off. 

And 'god bless the U$A' won’t save us from them. Only free thinking, rational, colonists of the sort who rebelled against Britain can pull this off.  (Now I suppose I will ‘disappear’ some dark and rainy night, never to be seen again …lol)

July 1, 2013 9:33:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Remember, peeps....don't go all 'political' else the thread is destined for relocation...

July 1, 2013 9:35:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

or 'religious?' babylon 5 was an awesome exploration into the human condition...

July 1, 2013 10:19:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just read an article about USA spying on EU and EU putting pressure on Ecuador regarding his asylum....

I find it funny that everyone is blaming Snowden for espionage and trying to pressure Ecuador not to give him safe heaven when EU should really help him out as  in reality he did everyone a favour....

I guess what you don't know doesn't hurt just reached new heights 

July 8, 2013 5:52:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

What is scary is the way how the single remaining empire can bully every state willing to offer asylum to Snowden. I guess that the myth about the "land of the free" is finally dying. 

July 8, 2013 7:06:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Greg30007,
when EU should really help him out

unfortunately we prefer to grant asylum to folks like Abu Qatada here.

July 8, 2013 7:47:43 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Kamamura_CZ,
I guess that the myth about the "land of the free" is finally dying.

The 'myth' isn't dying at all....it's being validated every day....

....as being a myth.

July 8, 2013 10:03:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting moshi,
unfortunately we prefer to grant asylum to folks like Abu Qatada here.

Yes one is "going after" governments other is "going after" normal people which governments don't ....... 

July 8, 2013 1:27:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes, it is reminiscent of Orwell’s 1984.  Also of Babylon 5's struggle against the Earth Alliance government that 'displaced' Santiago's elected government with a shadow government whose agenda was antithetical to freedom, free elections, real choices, and free thinking. Night watch is coming out of the dark.

Indeed

U$A

...and you have an act of sedition right there

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000390   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.