It’s basically a secure browser designed to make internet purchasing and bill paying safer.
“It automatically opens all your e-banking and e-shopping pages in a separate iron-clad, secure browser. It make transactions and other critical operations on the Internet more secure by running them in a browser that is separated from the rest of the environment with its self-protect mechanism that offers protection against key logger attempts, packet sniffing, and lot of other threats associated with the sensitive activities such as online banking or online shopping.” – BitDefender
BitDefender’s “Internet Security” suite already had it integrated. As a ‘stand alone’ in beta it’s currently free. It’ll probably have a ‘free’ and ‘paid’ version from December when it’s slated to come out of beta.
It’s of benefit especially in public areas (airports, hot spots).
An additional feature worthy of mention is:
‘Anti-theft’ which offers the ability to locate and lock your laptop or PC in case of loss or theft. It also has the ability to wipe data to make sure thief can’t access it. – ibid
- It monitors sensitive online transactions continuously without any breaks thereby preventing any kind of hacking attacks. It is especially safe against phishing attacks. Thus the user can continue with his online business, shopping, etc. without fear.
- It provides security to your laptop while connecting to an unsecured Wi-Fi. This is especially useful to people who ravel a lot or have a business which requires mobility.
- Unlike other anti-phishing software’s, Bitdefender Safepay does not interfere with your anti-virus software. Thus they work smoothly side by side.
- The software assesses the security of your PC from time to time and informs about all possible threats.
- The application uses cloud technology for protection.
The system Requirements for Bitdefender Safepay are as follows:
- Operation System: Windows XP SP3 or higher. It is incompatible with Windows RT.
- CPU: More than 800 GHz. However, it works really slow with processing units below 2 GHz. Intel Core 2 Duo or higher is recommended in the case.
- Hard Disk Space: 1 GB or higher. However, it is better to keep 2 GB plus space free on your hard disk memory in case you are using the 64 bit version.
- Safepay doesn`t work with any other security solution from Bitdefender.
I believe they mean that it won’t “self integrate” into another BitDefender security app, and it has to be run as a “stand alone”, individually by double clicking on the desktop icon.