Changing desktop color in a skin - SkinEditor

By on June 22, 2013 7:37:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

RayMitchell

Join Date 03/2013

Hello,

My main purpose in purchasing Windows Blinds 8 was to change the annoying default Windows 8 "feature" in which a window title bar is the same basic color as the window background.  The "Diamond" skin supplied with Windows Blinds 8 is a pretty good match for what I want except for the entire desktop background color.  I want a solid black desktop since I have 5 monitors and anything else is pretty distracting.  I've opened the "Diamond" skin with the SkinEditor application but I can't find any obvious place to change the desktop, and of course I can't change it via the Windows "Personalize" facility when a skin is active.  How can I change this color to solid black?

Thanks
Ray 

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 22, 2013 8:09:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Open the skin in SKS, then click on Change skin colours.  In the window that pops up select "Show me the skin defined system colours" in the dropdown list and you will see the Desktop Background colour there.

June 22, 2013 8:23:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Great tip, LS!

June 22, 2013 10:29:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 22, 2013 11:16:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for the quick and useful answer! Ray

September 30, 2013 3:56:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Is there a way to deactivate the background override to replace with windows default?

October 3, 2013 8:27:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightStar,

Open the skin in SKS, then click on Change skin colours.  In the window that pops up select "Show me the skin defined system colours" in the dropdown list and you will see the Desktop Background colour there.

Yup!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000547   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.