Dario Arnaez new iconpackage "Nefertiti"

By on June 20, 2013 10:05:08 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

benmanns

Join Date 12/2005
+74

I got an email today and checked out the new ip from Dario - iam a big fan of his work and have been over the years...
But this package tops everything from him so far in my eyes.
The amazing thing is that Dario still keeps improving and this pack shows it.
Speaking of the pack before i keep writing i want you guys to take a look at it  

the preview can be found here sorry i added the buy page - that was my mistake...
http://www.ohmyicons.com/previews/nefertiti/ip_nefertiti/index.html 
option to buy the pack:
http://ohmyicons.com/windows-3d-icons/windows-icon-themes/nefertiti#.UcMEgvmpWaU

Im posting this since i think it is very inspiring a good example are the folders and drive icons aswell as network icons, trashbin the detail is like always - breath taking.
And so far each pack tops the next.
So if you are also into making icons i recommend to check his homepage or his page here at wincustomize : Link
For me Dario proved again that he is one of the very best in his field and i hope you go and check out his work and support him.
I wanted to write something like this long time ago but wasnt sure if it would be accepted as fan based comment.
This time i just went for it. 

Thank you for reading 

rolo

11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 20, 2013 10:24:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes, he does some fine work, but.......  

Starting at: $16.90......  for an Icon Package, that's just silly.

I don't even see a preview of what is included at that price.

June 20, 2013 10:56:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
I don't even see a preview of what is included at that price.

I'm a fan of his work as well but I agree with Wiz, rolo.

June 20, 2013 11:04:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

yes his work is amazing but the prices for his iconpackages are way to high, i mean i can purchase 3 windowblinds master skins for that price hes asking for 1 iconpackage.......

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 20, 2013 12:08:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

the preview can be found here sorry i added the buy page - that was my mistake...
http://www.ohmyicons.com/previews/nefertiti/ip_nefertiti/index.html will add the link into the OT

I would also suggest a lower price  but that decision isn’t mine to take - it’s the same as with the Atomic Alarm Clock introduced here some weeks ago.
A lower price brings in more folks since its more attractive. I can understand but I’m not talking about the price here im talking about the quality and the detail and the creativity in each iconpack. 

June 20, 2013 1:17:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes, his work is by far quite excellent, I agree. But I think based on going prices it should be listed between $6.95 to $8.95 if he wants to get any sales. I know he put a lot of time and creativity into these 220 icons, but in today's economy and in looking at other icon packages, that is probably all he should ask.

June 20, 2013 1:58:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The work is worth it, in my opinion.  But the sales page, etc. can be pretty damn confusing, with specials, overlaps, etc.

For example, "Nefertiti" at first just seems to be his "Cleo" package but with a white woman and family (not at all accurate) in place of the far more accurate Egyptian woman and family.  But there also seems to be icon differences as well.  AND "special editions" for everything.

So between "Pharaoh" (4 editions!), "Nefertiti" (2 editions),  and "Cleo" (2 editions), I have no idea what package I want to buy to get a full Egyptian-themed set.

And no, I won't be paying $50 for icons just because his website is confusing and doesn't enable me to compare the sets.  

June 20, 2013 2:24:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Excalpius,
The work is worth it, in my opinion.

After seeing the icons I absolutely agree...but then, the point about market and price is valid. "Worth" and "price" are two different concepts all together. His work is stunning.

June 20, 2013 3:17:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,
His work is stunning.

But his prices are too high.

June 20, 2013 3:55:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I would be willing to bet he would sell at least 5 X's as many at $5.  Probably more like 10 X's or more as many.  He's already done the work, just needs to get cash out of it.

June 20, 2013 6:51:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Cost way to much. They look nice but not worth that price to me anyway.  

June 20, 2013 7:11:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Considering the software used to apply them can be as flaky as Grandma's biscuits, even $4.99 is a bit "iffy" to me.

"Tis a beautiful set though, no doubt about that.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.