Newbie questions

By on June 15, 2013 4:44:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

ericroberts314

Join Date 02/2013

Hey everyone,

I'm brand spanking new here, and I seem to have come into a problem already! Only some of the deskscapes are showing up for me on the website. When I go to click "download" on the ones that seem to have a hard time loading I get a "connection error" specifically (im on IE 10, Win 8) "this page cant be displayed".  For example I have no problem downloading this:

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/dream/2592/

But when I try and download this:

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/dream/2787/ 

Nothing works.

I have purchased stardock products and im certain that im not being DL capped. Ive tried downloading on IE 10, Chrome, and Firefox to no avail. Could I please get some help in understanding why this is happening to these deskscapes (ironically the ones I want).

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 15, 2013 5:48:58 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

this is a problem we all got at the moment seems wincostomice has a problem today, yesterday everthing worked fine! So wait and see!

June 15, 2013 6:08:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Excellent, I'm glad that its not a consistent problem. A test of patience it is! Thank you rlphwshr for confirming the lesser of the two possible evils that I had assumed were the cause. 

June 15, 2013 8:57:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There's quite a few of my dreams that are MIA right now...hopefully they fix it soon. 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 15, 2013 2:27:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hey Carguy1! AWESOME dreams, I actually got that second star trek one to work! But despite being quite comfortable using windows I cannot figure out how to use the one I have in the first link. It downloaded ok, but when I go to use it, it gives me a mpeg2 decoder issue. I DO have win 8 but I do have the pro pack with WMC. Ive also installed multiple codec packs. Any thoughts?

June 17, 2013 5:48:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I need to re-encode this dream to work with Win8. It was encoded at a non-standard resolution and Win 8 does not like it.

I'll work on it this week and re-upload it

July 23, 2013 5:38:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hello. Can anybody explain me why "Submit" button show infinitely "Please wait..." after complete all steps? 

I tried Google Chrome and IE10. There is no reason, no explain! 

My SWF is 1.44 MB size, but it is optional! So, what is the problem?

July 23, 2013 7:31:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I will expedite your exit.  - ID

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.