Hype for new boxes like XBOX one or Ps4 and exclusive titles.

By on June 11, 2013 6:52:05 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

benmanns

Join Date 12/2005
+72

Yesterday I stood up till 5 in the morning just to watch all of the E3 live streams.
I enjoyed watching them especially EA´s stream.
I heard about the hype around the boxes and the statement twice the processing power of a modern high end PC...
I got angry not only because that’s the biggest Lie that came to my Ears in years but what shocked me the most was that almost everyone was swallowing it up...
How can a Game like Dead Rising 3 for example ( what is also a Xbox one exclusive ) lag that much, or look like it’s not even reaching 30FPS at some spots on a live presentation and be better than a modern PC?
Same goes for the PS4.
The PS4 is currently up for pre-purchase for 399 Euros# Xbox one is 499 euros.
Now please how can a station that is 500 euros compete with a modern High end PC? 
These folks claiming things like twice the processing power like a modern PC, must still live in 2002 and someone needs to tell them that it is mid-2013.
500 euros is the worth of my PC case and half of my MOBO... my GFX card is more expansive than the whole console...

I used to play a lot of ps3 or Xbox with friends but this time I don’t want to ride along of this false claim better path just to see better graphics in ported games for PC
( what is mainly the only reason I did in the past and because there was no pc around )
I was really thrilled to see new consoles since they lead to better Games in general as well as better looking PC games in the end considering almost each game is a port nowadays.

But then again there is companies that release triple A titles for a specific console only! The exclusives
I do not know what these company’s think - when they decided to release a game that is expected on all of the platforms especially PC
 and then make it an exclusive on the third game. Someone must have had paid enough so the company just says “ F “our Fanbase.Otherwise i can´t explain such a move to myself.

Especially I don’t understand why such a decision gets made if the company had its breakthrough on the PC.

I know that’s marketing to push the sales of the boxes but then don’t expect your base of your customers to be happy about that.
Of course you will receive a lot of hate on such a move – hate should be expected when you make a decision like that.
But most company´s even the one I’m talking about will get very mad when you tell them in a formal way that the decision made is not very well seen by the rest of the market or followers fan base.

This ending in a permaBan is the most funny part. '
When I look at this from the perspective of a bystander banning someone that followed you from your very first title someone that knows all your stuff and replied to you  in a correct manner about the topic ( a supporter of your company for over 12 years ) receiving a permanent ban for openly speaking its mind about the platform hype just shows “excuse my mouth” what assholes run the show.

So to most of the exclusive box releasing company’s I have the same wish as the gentleman I was mentioning above
I wish your company a lousy start on the new consoles and a Fail on your hype and false claims.

To all of the others at E3 I wish you a good start on the new stations and hope to see better Games in the near Future. Company’s like Dice I wish the very best since the BF4 preview looked incredible ( bouse ! )
I made a pre-order right after the stream was done
Also Ubi-Montreal for Watch Dogs I wish the very best , I hope you steal the other high horse pony turn back on main platform company the show.  Also pre-ordered
Square Enix and Final Fantasy< looked amazing and seemed to be fun…gosh there were so many good games to mention
Tom Clanys The Division is an exclusive title also but that’s mostly the case for them until it’s a year old so no hard feelings on that.. the concept looked very nice
Starwars Battlefront looked stunning as well as Titanfall - Destiny and more I would go and preorder these aswell sadly that is not possible yet.

I hope you guys that play on consoles only do not take this post the wrong way, but as a PC gamer since the age of 8 I’m hard to convince that a station with the system specs giving out is BETTER than a modern HIGH end PC.
I build rigs myself and if I compare the specs there is no way for a station to be better than a HIGH END pc.
The only way it could be more fluid on a station than on a PC is that it’s a lousy port.

Again I want to make clear that I don’t hate consoles neither of them I think it’s a good solution for Gamers that don’t have the money or time to upgrade every year to play bad ported games on a PC.
But I can not swallow up a Lie like that without at least giving some feedback to some that don’t realize that its not the truth.
Sony and especially MS should know that it is not needed to make claims like that to sell the stations they will pretty much sell itself- And I hope that statements like that will be left out the next time since there is no need to make the new generation of customers believe that a station is better than the most powerful platform of all time.
I was once told you don’t Diss what made you.

15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 11, 2013 9:30:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I just had my first look at the PS4. Still too expensive for my blood. The only game I would end up playing on it would be Final Fantasy 14 or 15, what ever one is the next in line to be released. As for the XBox One I will hold off on getting one until they make one that does not spy on people and phone home all the time.

I understand your post. I think a big part of the issue is that there are more games for consoles than for the PC.

June 11, 2013 9:44:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yeah i´ve seen the E3 demo of Assasins creed Blackflag on PS4 the console was lagging and kept freezing during dialogs - was kinda like the surface presentation just worse
What i liked was the fact that you can do with your purchased game what you want rent it to a friend or sell it also the fact that you dont have to be online or the need to authentificate your copy was pretty sweeet. Destiny was the game aswell as FF that gained my interest.

#

Edit:

Need to correct myself: Turns out that decision of DRM Protection is still in the hands of the publishers or developers ... so it’s not assured to have DRM free content all of the time on PS4 so that statement is also part of the marketing campaign over at E3 and can’t be taken serious.

June 11, 2013 9:59:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Spy on people?  LOL

Anyways, Watch Dogs looks great, and so did Ryse.  I'm not sure if/which console I will get.  I still need to think more about it.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 15, 2013 11:44:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

i dont understand why MS would spy on you over a console...
I have heard this rumor going around 3 days over e3...my opinion on that is that the chance of getting spyd on over a conosle is 80% less than over your cellphone since it has more information stored in it. Maybee they take advantage of your browsing history to see what kind of games or movies your interested in to make special offers and such but i doubt that they will switch on the integrated cam to see you play games in boxers.

As for what conosle to pick - i would go for the xbox simply i prefer quality, sony has a good product nbo doubt but the streaming platform is horrid servers are not that great also i prefer the xbox controller over the one of playstation.
Then im more interested in the "exclusive" titles for xbox - ryse for example but then i doubt that it wont get ported to pc since its a crytec game and they normaly make things for pc.

But i will wait for more proffesional reviews and comparisons of both stations the current specs could be just thrown into the room and do not have any value until it they get confirmed.

June 15, 2013 9:03:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I heard Final Fantasy 15 will be on Playstation 4. Guess I know what I what to get.

June 15, 2013 10:08:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The only 'console' I ever had plugged into a TV and played 'Pong'.

It was some-when back in the 70s.

Since then my 'gaming' has been strictly via PC.... and always will.  I'd far prefer [and do] spend the $500-odd of a console on superior 'interfacing' with a game....eg...these two bits I have already....

June 17, 2013 7:34:00 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Jafo the only station i ever head was a ps2 and that i bought used but since i dont to spend a fortune on a gaming pc like i dod over the past years
i consider getting a console...
My PC is worth more than a small car and it become addicting to keep up to play games on ULTRA
i think 500 USD is not that bad... since these stations will be on the market  for the next 3-4 years.

( the  console station you got there in your screenshot is timeless and well worth the money not like a GFX card ) hehe 

June 17, 2013 8:25:27 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Curiously....for the price of 3 GFX cards like what I have...[GTX590] I bought my SAAB 9000 Turbo.  [it wasn't new, obviously]...

June 19, 2013 6:11:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Looks like Microsoft got a hint that gamers don't like a few things about the new Xbox One.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57590134-75/microsoft-pulls-a-180-reverses-xbox-one-always-on-drm-and-used-games-policy/

June 20, 2013 12:25:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Kona they already announced changes to that on the E3 

But here is the catch- what most people dont understand is that DRM-prot is up to a publisher 

Sony said 1st party publishers/Studios will be releasing DRM free products - so for example games from  FIRST PARTY STUDIO/ like Naughty Dog that is owned by Sony Entertainment will be DRM free. 

But publishers like EA or Studios like Crytec can choose if they want DRM or not that includes xbox also.

June 20, 2013 3:49:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well it's just good to know that the console doesn't have to phone home every hour. Still, I am looking into the PS4 due to Final Fantasy.

June 20, 2013 5:33:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It was never being phoned home every hour, it was a simple online check once a day.  Due to the backpedaling, the good features like not having to have a disk to play and family sharing are gone.

June 20, 2013 5:43:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sounds like you're in the market for a PS4 as well then right?

June 21, 2013 7:41:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Nope, still have my Xbox One pre-order.

June 21, 2013 10:05:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

So they take away features you like and you still want one? Interesting.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.