Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Fence Title Bar offscreen, how to fix?

By on June 10, 2013 3:39:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

N9OK

Join Date 06/2013

I am evaluating a trial version of Fences 2.10. So far I like it very much. However, I created a fence yesterday where the title bar ended up off screen, for some reason. I can't move or delete the fence. I played with my screen resolution, as I think I saw in an other forum message, in an attempt to force the fence back on screen, but this was unsuccessful.

How can I delete or move this fence?

Thanks,

Joe N9OK

10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 11, 2013 8:27:02 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Try restoring a previous snapshot (automatically taken daily by default)?

http://sd.stardock.com/sean/jingimages/2013-06-11_0825_001.png

June 13, 2013 10:46:11 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Only the last 3 days of snapshots are saved, but the problem happened more than 3 days ago. I could revert back to the original installation snapshop, but I lose a lot of configuration work. So, while the solution you propose will work, it's not practical in my case.

Can you propose another method to delete a partially-off-screen fence?

Also, if I wanted to increase the default # of snapshots saved to more than 3, is this easy to accomplish?

Thanks,

Joe N9OK

June 17, 2013 9:26:49 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Deleting a fence manually involves editing the registry and would be something I would want you to place a support ticket for; support@stardock.com

Please run this support tool and attach the log file recorded with the detail of your issue and we can take care of it..

http://sd.stardock.com/SDSupportTool.exe

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 17, 2013 12:50:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Try opening your display properties and rotate your screen to Portrait and back. I just tried it and it seems to move partially off-screen items back onto the screen when switched back.

(not tried with Fences)

June 18, 2013 10:15:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Good idea but didn't work. Thanks anyway.

June 18, 2013 10:25:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Sean, I generated the file but it's not clear to me where to send it. I'd prefer to not publicly post it in the forums.

June 19, 2013 8:13:53 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting N9OK,

Sean, I generated the file but it's not clear to me where to send it. I'd prefer to not publicly post it in the forums.

Send it to support@stardock.com with the detail of your issue.  Anyone of us here that get the ticket can resolve it.

June 20, 2013 9:45:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I sent the file yesterday. FYI.

June 23, 2013 8:09:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Still awaiting a response.

Thanks.

September 5, 2013 3:36:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi Joe N9OK.

I have a similar, but not related problem and am going to open a new thread on it.  I just wanted to say:

73 de N2NZ (John)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.