Compatibility Issues

By on May 21, 2013 3:56:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

zeuseason

Join Date 09/2008

I installed WindowBlinds 8 Beta yesterday and ran into these issues:

Logitech Gaming Software will not load under any condition while WindowBlinds is running

Google Chrome Browser crashes universally, any webpages in their respective tabs will not load (state crashed)

Once I had uninstalled WindowBlinds the Chrome Browser worked perfectly fine and I had to unload WindowBlinds to get Logitech Software to work.

15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 21, 2013 5:44:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What version of chrome do you have installed and what OS is this?

In our testing Chrome works just fine.

May 21, 2013 5:47:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Uninstall and reinstall Chrome and see if WindowBlinds works then. 

May 21, 2013 6:46:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Chrome: 

Version 27.0.1453.93 m

Google Chrome is up to date.

My Chrome was fine yesterday but all-of-as-sudden today would not display any webpages.  I tried reloading/restarting/updating with no result.  I uninstalled WB Beta and Chrome instantly worked again.

Windows 8 Pro OS
There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 21, 2013 6:52:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting zeuseason,

Chrome: 

Version 27.0.1453.93 m

Google Chrome is up to date.

My Chrome was fine yesterday but all-of-as-sudden today would not display any webpages.  I tried reloading/restarting/updating with no result.  I uninstalled WB Beta and Chrome instantly worked again.

Windows 8 Pro OS

Which skin did you have applied?  Perhaps it is something about the skin in use.

May 21, 2013 7:36:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

At the time, WindowBlinds was unloaded so I could run the Logitech software so I didn't have any skin applied.  I did d/l a few skins yesterday from WinCustomize that had some flaws but not a big deal as they were designed for Win7 and not Win8.

Also of note, this was only occurring in Chrome.  I could run every website I tried in Firefox without any issues.  I restarted my computer which didn't help. I wasn't getting a connection problem, it was that dark blue 'Oh Snap' crash screen that occurs when flash or shockwave crashes.  It was fine yesterday and most of today before this happened and I couldn't get anything to function in Chrome after it did start happening.

May 21, 2013 8:22:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting zeuseason,

At the time, WindowBlinds was unloaded so I could run the Logitech software so I didn't have any skin applied.  I did d/l a few skins yesterday from WinCustomize that had some flaws but not a big deal as they were designed for Win7 and not Win8.

Also of note, this was only occurring in Chrome.  I could run every website I tried in Firefox without any issues.  I restarted my computer which didn't help. I wasn't getting a connection problem, it was that dark blue 'Oh Snap' crash screen that occurs when flash or shockwave crashes.  It was fine yesterday and most of today before this happened and I couldn't get anything to function in Chrome after it did start happening.

If WindowBlinds is unloaded and you have rebooted then WB shouldn't be impacting Chrome at all unless there is a system colour / font combination which upset it.

Do you recall the last skin you had applied before it caused problems?

May 21, 2013 8:47:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I agree on not impacting Chrome, tho when I restarted, WB did load up but I had to unload to run Logitech, so it *did* load on the restart.  I believe the last skin was either Eco Green or Win8 Metro (pretty sure the later).

I can try to install again, see if it occurs again, but my biggest issue was the Logitech not working as I have 3 devices running off that software.

May 21, 2013 11:06:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Zubaz,
Uninstall and reinstall Chrome and see if WindowBlinds works then.

It appears some have found this to 'fix' Chrome's issues with WB.

Unfortunately, when you post your individual 'bugs' in a separate thread you may miss potential solutions listed in the general/combined bug thread...

May 23, 2013 1:38:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Actually, I'm using the Chrome browser -- and the "up to date" version (in my case) is v28.0.1500.20 Dev.

And yeah, I know this is a "beta", but I've been using Chrome betas since they first started making them available and have yet to encounter any problems with any of them.

A great site for keeping up with the versions is the following:  Browsers Downloads - FileHippo.com

May 24, 2013 9:10:35 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I can confirm the issue with Logitech Gaming Framework.  I had to add it to the exception list so it doesn't get skinned.  It's the only way to make it work.

May 24, 2013 9:13:11 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Vantorax,

I can confirm the issue with Logitech Gaming Framework.  I had to add it to the exception list so it doesn't get skinned.  It's the only way to make it work.

What file did you exclude?

May 25, 2013 8:55:40 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

LCore.exe

There is also an issue launching the game SimCity (the one EA just released) under Win8.  Simcity.exe stops responding and I can't get in the game unless I unload WB or excluse that file.

June 1, 2013 7:27:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting ,

I installed WindowBlinds 8 Beta yesterday and ran into these issues:

Google Chrome Browser crashes universally, any webpages in their respective tabs will not load (state crashed)

Once I had uninstalled WindowBlinds the Chrome Browser worked perfectly fine and I had to unload WindowBlinds to get Logitech Software to work.

Exactly the same for me, three days searching what caused the crashes, today I uninstalled WB 7.9 and chrome works fine.

Edit : even if WB isn't active (loaded) and no skin are applied chrome crash

Google Chrome 27.0.1453.94 (Build officiel 201630m
Système d'exploitation Windows 
WebKit 537.36 (@150101)
JavaScript V8 3.17.6.14
Flash 11.7.700.203
Agent utilisateur Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.94 Safari/537.36
June 3, 2013 9:36:36 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting babylonbwoy,
Exactly the same for me, three days searching what caused the crashes, today I uninstalled WB 7.9 and chrome works fine.

Are you using the 7.91 release from Thursday last?

http://forums.stardock.com/445125/page/1/

June 5, 2013 4:32:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting babylonbwoy,

I've been running Chrome, first some v27 releases, and now v28.0.1500.20 Dev, both with Windowblinds 7.90 and now with Windowblinds 7.91 -- and have never had any problems with any of these combinations.

So, it's not just the Chrome Browser.  There must be something else involved, as well.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000782   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.