Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

WindowBlinds 7.9x (WB 8) Beta Issue Thread

If you have a problem, post it here!

By on May 20, 2013 5:10:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+616

As you probably know, we have released the WindowBlinds 7.90 beta today.  Please use this thread only to report any issues that you come across that you'd like to report.

Note: Current beta is only for active Object Desktop subscribers.  Info about upgrades for current WindowBlinds (non-Object Desktop) customers will be available at a later date.

When posting to this thread please provide as much information as possible.

Things that help:
  • What OS are you using, Windows 7 or Windows 8?
  • A screenshot of the issue if possible
  • x86 or x64
  • Name/link to skin if applicable

356 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 11, 2013 10:35:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Repost since I posted in the wrong location:

v 7.95: bringing firefox to full screen causes addressbar text to be cut off on the top.  Reverting to windowed mode does not show this bug.  Going back again to full screen will bring it back.  Using diamond theme.  Resetting theme while in full screen causes problem to go away, but bug still exists by going to windowed and then full screen.

June 11, 2013 8:23:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting los_santos4444,

The latest beta (7.95) is working great for me as it has ironed out most bugs. However, I encountered another small problem specifically with Windows Photo Viewer as most of its buttons are somehow replaced with a blue/pink texture when hovering over it. On Windows 8 64-bit and happens on every skin except default windows. Am I the only one facing this issue?

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/733/bugcf.png

I am also getting this on Win7 64 bit, latest beta.

June 11, 2013 10:37:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Okay, This applies for all blinds with text blurred on Startmenue Programslist:

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 11, 2013 11:42:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting los_santos4444,

The latest beta (7.95) is working great for me as it has ironed out most bugs. However, I encountered another small problem specifically with Windows Photo Viewer as most of its buttons are somehow replaced with a blue/pink texture when hovering over it. On Windows 8 64-bit and happens on every skin except default windows. Am I the only one facing this issue?

Same problem here. Win 8 Pro Media Center Edition 64 bit.

June 12, 2013 6:09:05 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting neone6,

Andy did you try to replace that font ? 

June 12, 2013 9:16:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Roloccolor,

Quoting neone6,
reply 228

Andy did you try to replace that font ? 

Tried several, happens to all fonts, -but of course it´s not the fonts as they have no blurred outline by default.

And as you can see it doesn´t happen to Places list.

June 12, 2013 9:18:04 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting neone6,

Which skin are you having this with?

June 12, 2013 10:49:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I seem to have an issue the new WindowBlinds for Windows 8.  This involves taskbars on secondary monitors.  Whenever I apply a skin via WindowBlinds the secondary taskbar on the secondary monitors keeps jumping up and down like a kangaroo.  Up, blink, down, up, blink, down... like a kangaroo.

June 12, 2013 12:33:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Neil Banfield,

Which skin are you having this with?
Well I am the only one taking advantage of those settings you set up for us, so All those it happens on would be mine.

eg; Vaporglow, Cypher.

June 12, 2013 9:16:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This may have already been reported here, but FreeCell and Minesweeper open windows that are really tiny. If I grab the side or bottom, the window immediately expands to a usable size. If I unload WB (7.95), then the windows open properly. When I restart WB, the problem is back. I never saw this with the previous versions of WB.

Your computer has a Windows Experience Index base score of 5.9
Your Windows Graphics Experience score is 7.3

WindowBlinds version : WindowBlinds 7.95 (011 - Windows 7 Edition) - 64 bit OS

WindowBlinds is installed correctly on this PC

(Generic PnP Monitor) 1 is attached to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570M

Wblind.dll 2013/06/06 12:12:ll
Wblind64.dll 2013/06/06 12:12:33
Wbsrv.dll 2013/06/06 12:12:07
WB8Config.exe 2013/06/06 09:01:16
Wbload.exe 2013/05/07 12:30:24
Wbhelp.dll 2013/04/18 13:51:37
Tray.dll 2013/04/18 13:51:19
Wbload.dll 2013/06/04 09:10:39
Screen.exe 2013/06/06 08:52:23

June 13, 2013 3:47:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I reported a similar problem in post #225 -- and did some testing to confirm it.

Confirmed it was WB: Unloaded WB, clicked the shortcuts --now open properly, as they did before installing WB

Confirmed it was WB 7.95: Reinstalled WB 7.91 over 7.95, clicked the shorcuts -- now open properly, as they did before installing WB 7.95.

So, if you want them working properly again, unload WB, reinstall 7.91, and they will.

June 13, 2013 4:17:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The issue with Minesweeper and Freecell should be sorted in the next build.

June 13, 2013 8:46:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

Quoting los_santos4444, reply 202

I am also getting this on Win7 64 bit, latest beta.

The newest beta (7.98) has corrected this. Thank you, well done!

June 13, 2013 9:57:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

The problems with transparent text issues using any explorer background with applied transparency is certainly NOT a new bug. It is bad enough to render the entire option unusable. Is there any hope of a fix for this other than not using the feature?

I am not getting the see through text issue previously reported when using explorer backgrounds with transparency applied. Excellent!

June 14, 2013 5:34:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

7.98 has corrected my issue with the icon in the systray...... Thank you. Everything else looks just fine and dandy Neil!!

June 14, 2013 6:51:43 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Since i dont want to write negative stuff into the skinstduio beta thread i will post it here since its related to wb i guess.
Normaly when skinning a startbutton i had the option to make a button and then if the button was bigger than standart we had the option to add the rest under glow.
I did try that - first i made a normal button in 60x60 this button would normaly just be completely visable on a double sizes normal scaled taskbar.And it is
SO i thought i go and cut it into pieces and add the top part as glow so it is fully visable on a normal scaled taskbar with normal sized icons.
After cutting and using framebuilder the pieces have the following size
1 frame = 40x60 ( button )
1 frame = 20x60 ( glow )
I added the value 20 top on the extra settings of Glow that way it should technically work- the preview likes it and says its working but when i save and apply
the top will still get cut off according to the size of the taskbar...

I dont know if windows8 / Start has restrictions for this ? Or did i miss something ?

Windowblinds:  - Startmenu userpicture background is also not used after the update today - or start8 does not make use of it

- Starbutton animation only works on horizontal taskbar and only has 2 states on a vertical taskbar passive and mouseover - or start8 does not make use of it

http://abload.de/img/cutoff1tyx15.png
http://abload.de/img/cutoff29mzel.png

June 14, 2013 7:20:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The start button size is a restriction due to Start8.

June 14, 2013 7:25:42 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Talking about Buttons, Is there a way to "Remove" The "Shut down" text on the shut down button on the startmenue like Before ?

On all my skins i have moved it out of view that has been the traditional way to do it, but now the text is showing on all my blinds.

June 14, 2013 7:28:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting neone6,

Talking about Buttons, Is there a way to "Remove" The "Shut down" text on the shut down button on the startmenue like Before ?

On all my skins i have moved it out of view that has been the traditional way to do it, but now the text is showing on all my blinds.

That would probably require a tweak in Start8 assuming it only happens on Windows 8.

June 14, 2013 7:33:53 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Neil Banfield,

That would probably require a tweak in Start8 assuming it only happens on Windows 8.

Ahaa..

-Could that be fixed ? because my shut down buttons almost never look any good with the default text

June 14, 2013 8:59:56 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting neone6,

Quoting Neil Banfield, reply 244

Ahaa..

-Could that be fixed ? because my shut down buttons almost never look any good with the default text

I second that request, and also in skins where you do want the text, allowing changing of the font too. 

June 14, 2013 1:15:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Some skins that I use have a lot of transparency in the windows. It makes some things hard to read with other windows behind it. Are you guys by any chance going to code your own blur into the program?  That would be sweet if you could.

June 14, 2013 1:43:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting xxinightxx,

Some skins that I use have a lot of transparency in the windows. It makes some things hard to read with other windows behind it. Are you guys by any chance going to code your own blur into the program?  That would be sweet if you could.
You can actually turn transparency down in the new WB 8

June 14, 2013 2:24:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting neone6,

Quoting xxinightxx, reply 247
Some skins that I use have a lot of transparency in the windows. It makes some things hard to read with other windows behind it. Are you guys by any chance going to code your own blur into the program?  That would be sweet if you could. You can actually turn transparency down in the new WB 8

I would prefer to see blur rather than turn down transparency :/

June 14, 2013 4:43:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

To adding blur. It's one feature I sorely miss.

Maybe the same technique Descapes uses to blur backgrounds, can be used to blur the explorer backgrounds?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001000   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.