Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

ObjectDock Win 8 Bug

By on May 18, 2013 5:41:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

cheesybob1

Join Date 10/2012

Hi

I've found a bug with ObjectDock on Windows 8, not really sure where to put it so hopefully some staff will read this.

If you have the taskbar at the top of the screen and a dock at the bottom of the screen with "Keep On Bottom" and "Show dock when mouse touches edge" set for it, the dock appears when you move the cursor anywhere along the bottom of the screen, not just where the dock is. This means that when you click on the "Start" button in the bottom left corner, the dock appears. After doing this, when you return to the desktop, the dock appears on top of all the open windows no matter where you have the cursor.

Really long explanation over.

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 18, 2013 3:37:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I dont really know a answer to your problem. I just wanna know how good the ObjectDock is in Windows 8? I'm thinking of buying it, but I dont want if its crap. I think there will go some time before it will be Win8 supportet. Give it a rank on a scale from 1 to 10.

June 18, 2013 5:27:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Heh

ObjectDock is now Windows 8 compatible.

http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/features.asp

seems pretty smooth and works well on my Windows 8 system.

rate: 8 (don't use it all that much , its there though, use Windows 8 Modern Start Screen with ModernMix and Start8.  Use icons in quicklaunch and Fences as well) too many choices I guess.

GigaByte69

July 5, 2013 7:42:08 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This bug still isn't fixed on the latest version.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 24, 2013 10:28:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I purchased and installed on Windows 8 a week ago. It has crashed every day since so I sent a trouble ticket in today. . .

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000296   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.