Question on versions

By on May 17, 2013 12:31:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

nycm

Join Date 04/2008

Received email announcing Objectdock 2.1 but looking at the Stardock Central Installer, the only thing that shows available for download is Objectdock plus version 1.90.  Are they different products, interested since I'm using windows 8 and the 2.1 version says it supports it, not sure about the 1.90 version.

Thanks.

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 17, 2013 8:13:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You do not qualify for a free upgrade.  You can purchase at http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/download.asp

May 20, 2013 12:16:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So the same question stands... are they different products? and since you brought it up, how would one qualify for a free upgrade?

May 20, 2013 2:42:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting rangerkurgan,
how would one qualify for a free upgrade?

Typically that 'kicks in' if you've purchased the product within the past few months prior to an update....

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 20, 2013 2:59:27 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi

I believe they need to know that:

If you purchased ObjectDock 1.xx you have free updates until; 1.9xx

If you purchased Object Dock 2 you would get updates till the next version is released.

I believe we all had to pay for upgrading from version 1.x of ObjectDock Plus to ObjectDock 2. ( there is no more PLUS version of ObjectDock, just trial and full version 2)

Hope that helps

GigaByte69

May 20, 2013 6:24:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting GigaByte69,

Hi

I believe they need to know that:

If you purchased ObjectDock 1.xx you have free updates until; 1.9xx

If you purchased Object Dock 2 you would get updates till the next version is released.

I believe we all had to pay for upgrading from version 1.x of ObjectDock Plus to ObjectDock 2. ( there is no more PLUS version of ObjectDock, just trial and full version 2)

Hope that helps

GigaByte69

Perfect. 

May 22, 2013 7:50:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I don't want to be a killjoy, but in my store I see two entries referring to ObjectDock. One is titled "ObjectDock Plus (ODNT Discount)" with one downloadable content: "ObjectDockPlus_190.exe"

The other one is titled "ObjectDock Plus v2 Upgrade" with two downloadable programs: "ObjectDock_2.10_setup.exe" and "ObjectDockPlus_2.01_setup.exe"

So, it seems 1.90 is not the latest Plus version, but 2.01 is. Raises a question: which one should I install to get the latest and greatest?

May 22, 2013 8:05:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting moorpipe,
ObjectDock_2.10_setup.exe
That would be the latest and greatest.

I'm not sure why, but v2.01.0 is showing in my account as well. I don't recall seeing two versions there. It is the last version that will install on XP, I might as well archive both.

May 22, 2013 8:39:33 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks! That was very helpful.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.