Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Windows 8 apps not displaying

By on May 14, 2013 6:56:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

KarterJK

Join Date 11/2012

hello all, 

okay I have a

Windows 8, with Pro upgrade and Media Center

Acer Iconia W700 i3 Tablet

with

Start8

ModernMix

Decor8

installed

I have had the tablet for 3 months, and everything has been running smooth, until a few days ago. Some of my factory installed apps and Windows Store apps started failing to appear, or I should say, failing to remain in focus (they start, show momentarily and then disappear).  If I pull out my left hand bar, they show as running in the background, and indeed, if I touch or click them, they will reappear, and in an instant disappear.

I tried using Modern Mix to reset app defaults, didn't help.  Uninstalled Modern Mix, didn't help.

Since Modern Mix seemed the most likely culprit, I focused on it. Reinstalled, and same problem.

I had not made any changes, or installed anything in the last few weeks and all was fine, until a few days ago, when this started occurring.  Because I run 3 different Stardock programs, I wasn't sure if these types of anomalies had appeared to anyone else, and if so, how to fix it?

Talking with Acer support they, want me to restore to factory defaults, <grrrr> hope someone has some answers, to spare me from that solution

Thanks to all who reply.

1 Reply
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 15, 2013 12:45:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What you describe doesn't sound like an issue with any of our apps. 

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000204   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.