OD 2.1 important needed fixes

By on May 7, 2013 5:26:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Spyrofunk

Join Date 02/2007
+8

Reserve edge of screen keeps failing over and over and I have to set it again everytime.

The close "X" button fro the settings is kind of broken, is hard to get it to close the window. Is like the programmed mouse click area is misaligned.

10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 15, 2013 2:44:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Its kind of sad and useless to ask.. but I will post it again in this thread.

There is still a problem with 64bit programs shortcuts when they are stacked into a folder pined to ObjectDock ..

I use a folder with shortcuts displayed as a menu in my ObjectDock, for example when I pin a PhotoShop CS6 64bit to OD it work fine but when the same shortcut is launched from the folder it says that the path does not exist .. no change when I use path relative in this short cut .

I've reported this a long time before and its still with response, silly because I had this issue since Windows 7 and used MS Junction to create a fake folder redirecting PhotoShop from Program Files to Program Files (x86) as a workaround but still its pretty frustrating that you guys don't fix this.

I have the same issue with other 64 bit applications.

.. again if its possible please fix this 'ancient' functionality .. W8 is so 64bit and apparently OD does not support it :/

May 15, 2013 2:59:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Just to add my 2 cents worth, show system tray on win 7 x64 still doesn't work very well either.  I would also have hoped to be able to selectively add sys tray icons & show minimized windows at the same time.Nor can you see or use the dock if you tab out of a full screen game.

Still love the prog though.

May 15, 2013 3:48:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for all the feedback.

Please post your OS (32/64), whether you are using the quicklaunch (zoomer) dock or a tabbed on,  and a screenshot if you think it might make things easier to understand.

I can confirm the resize area is off: 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 15, 2013 4:43:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sure: This is a screenshot after coming out of a full screen game (not just tabbing out but complete exit).

This is just the bottom part of my screen, I have taskbar on autohide. However this displays what I mean.

Need to ctrl+alt+del & kill objectdock then restart to get it viewable/workable again.

This is what it looks like on fresh start:

May 15, 2013 5:51:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm reasonably certain I just posted here, yet it's not here....hmmm.

Anyway,

I still have no thumbnail previews for my tabbed docks, but do for the zoomer docks.

Also, I can't find a way to get a vertical floating tabbed dock. I always have to revert to 1.9 to do that.

Win 7, 64 bit.

May 15, 2013 8:58:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,
Also, I can't find a way to get a vertical floating tabbed dock. I always have to revert to 1.9 to do that.

Not sure I understand what you are trying to do.

May 15, 2013 11:35:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Zubaz,
Not sure I understand what you are trying to do.

Trying to have a tabbed dock, in a vertical position, floating, on the side of the screen.

In 2.0, and 2.1 if I drag a side docked tabbed dock away from the edge, it becomes a floating dock, but it goes horizontal on me. It won't stay vertical.

In 1.9, it works as needed.

Examples below:

http://screencast.com/t/q6QW3nspLQ0       2.1

http://screencast.com/t/EuEr0pJA7YDV         1.9

Similarly, if you do the same for a top dock (tabbed), the tabs flip to the top of the dock, whereas they stay at the bottom of the dock in 1.9. Which is the desired effect.

May 15, 2013 11:45:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Also, I mention again, if you'll notice reply 5, there is no preview in config for the tabs I'm running.

I see there is in yours, Zubaz.

May 16, 2013 8:21:33 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,
In 2.0, and 2.1 if I drag a side docked tabbed dock away from the edge, it becomes a floating dock, but it goes horizontal on me. It won't stay vertical.

I understand now.  Will pass it along.

As far as the preview . . no idea.  I'd look at video card drivers first.

May 16, 2013 10:04:39 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks Zu. I don't really use it, but I skin it.

Appreciate the effort to fix it. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001875   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.