Editing Posts

By on May 2, 2013 4:01:45 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

myfist0

Join Date 01/2010
+285

Editing and post with any sort of tag is busted, I can't even edit a post with a quote without making a double post. Also, moving text in around seems to change the font or the size, and I don't even want to look at which for fear of making more double posts.

Can we please fix this? 

44 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 2, 2013 11:27:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Must be an SoaSE thing. All is well here at WC.

See.

May 2, 2013 5:11:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

and what tags are in your post?

try adding a quote and/or a youtube video to a post, submit it, then edit it. 

May 2, 2013 5:44:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting myfist0,
try adding a quote and/or a youtube video to a post, submit it, then edit it.

OK, I quoted you.

And posted a video. 

Now adding this as an edit....

Is this what you meant?    

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 2, 2013 5:44:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ok, all is well.  

May 2, 2013 6:39:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, crap 

Thanks for the confirmation, it may help the devs fix it.

Step 2: Edit -> Add quote

Quoting RedneckDude,

Ok, all is well.  

May 2, 2013 6:42:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,

Well, crap 

Thanks for the confirmation, it may help the devs fix it.

Step 2: Edit -> Add quote

Quoting RedneckDude, reply 4
Ok, all is well.  

Step 3 Edit with tag

May 2, 2013 6:43:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

made a double post and really messed up where and who quoted

BTW, google chrome

May 2, 2013 6:52:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

dragging the BTW line made the font smaller

May 2, 2013 7:05:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Then the incentive is there to get it right the first time.

May 2, 2013 7:16:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Now how did I know someone would make that point. Thank you so much for the very informative helpful post.

May 2, 2013 7:31:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The Sins forums are notorious for having quote issues...many a threads and discussions have been completely derailed because the quote feature improperly attributes the quote to the wrong person...

I have continually experienced the same issue over the years even as I switched amongst Firefox, Chrome, IE9, and IE10...

May 2, 2013 7:53:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting myfist0,
made a double post and really messed up where and who quoted

BTW, google chrome

There's the problem right there....

Chroming is not good for your health....

May 2, 2013 8:10:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Quoting myfist0, reply 7made a double post and really messed up where and who quoted

BTW, google chrome

There's the problem right there....

I was going to say the same thing.

May 2, 2013 8:11:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I keep hitting quote when I mean to hit edit. Hence the edit on reply 4.

May 2, 2013 8:39:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Jafo,

So, just ignore Chrome users because you don't like it?

Chrome vs. Firefox vs. Internet Explorer vs. Safari stat counter

According to the latest numbers from StatCounter, Chrome was the top browser for Jan. 2013,

digitaltrends.com/web/the-best-browser-internet-explorer-vs-chrome-vs-firefox-vs-safari/#ixzz2SBZ31LdU

May 2, 2013 8:59:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting myfist0,
So, just ignore Chrome users because you don't like it?
No, but Stardock makes software for Windows, not Google. Regardless of user base or popularity, IE support needs to be the primary focus on all SD sites, imho. Expecting the forum guys to keep up with browsers that change on a nightly basis is unrealistic. Just my .02

I don't recall anyone saying to ignore other browsers though.

May 2, 2013 9:02:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting myfist0,
Chrome was the top browser for Jan. 2013,

Because if Google's insidious efforts towards world domination by 'offering' to install Chrome at every opportunity it can...all for the sake of data-mining....

But yes, I use it too...as anyone vehemently sticking to only one browser has his head in the sand.

I'm not 'ignoring Chrome users'...and if I were it means nothing...as I am not a coder coding these forums....

May 2, 2013 9:08:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I use Chrome portable occaisionally. Mostly when IE9 is having trouble with WC. I like to keep a "secondary" browser on hand for emergency use...lol.

May 2, 2013 9:15:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Actually...that raises an interesting Q ....how does 'statcounter' count browser use....via hits on its site?

If so....then it'll be more accurate to say Chrome users have an inferiority complex...constantly checking out the other 'members' at the urinal....

What'd be more relevant would be local stats for Stardock's sites...

May 2, 2013 9:22:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,
If so....then it'll be more accurate to say Chrome users have an inferiority complex...constantly checking out the other 'members' at the urinal....

May 2, 2013 9:30:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Jafo,

mmm... yeahhh 

took all of 5 secs to look it up.

StatCounter is a web analytics service. Our tracking code is installed on more than 3 million sites globally. These sites cover various activities and geographic locations. Every month, we record billions of page views to these sites. For each page view, we analyse the browser/operating system/screen resolution used and we establish if the page view is from a mobile device. For our search engine stats, we analyze every page view referred by a search engine. For our social media stats, we analyze every page view referred by a social media site. We summarize all this data to get our Global Stats information.

We provide independent, unbiased stats on internet usage trends. We do not collate our stats with any other information sources. No artificial weightings are used. We remove bot activity and make a small adjustment to our browser stats forprerendering in Google Chrome. Aside from those adjustments, we publish the data as we record it.

In other words we calculate our Global Stats on the basis of more than 15 billion page views per month, by people from all over the world onto our 3 million+ member sites.

By collating our data in this way, we track the activity of third party visitors to our member websites. We do not calculate our stats based on the activity of our members alone. This helps to minimise bias in the data and achieve a random sample.

In August 2012, our global sample consisted of 17.1 billion page views (US: 4.2 billion); 2.5 billion of these were search engine referrals (US: 524 million); 262 million of these were social media referrals (US: 121 million).

http://gs.statcounter.com/faq#methodology

May 3, 2013 3:53:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

At this point it would seem you are the only one having this problem

May 3, 2013 4:53:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,
At this point it would seem you are the only one having this problem

mmmm .... yeahhhh

Quoting Jafo,
Re the quoting/editing that had you in disaster-street....that'll be thanks to anything embedded...such as youtube clips and such....but it's entertaining all the same...

May 3, 2013 4:54:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,

Quoting Fuzzy Logic, reply 22At this point it would seem you are the only one having this problem

mmmm .... yeahhhh

Quoting Jafo, reply 56Re the quoting/editing that had you in disaster-street....that'll be thanks to anything embedded...such as youtube clips and such....but it's entertaining all the same...

edit using crap POS IE browser

May 3, 2013 4:56:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

anymore absolutely nonconstructive posts?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000531   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.