Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 21, 2013 10:52:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Reminds me of this http://i.imgur.com/L5bOZ.jpg

April 21, 2013 10:59:26 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Fascinating. Of course, the big problem is that of exotic matter, but... this is a MAJOR leap forward.
April 21, 2013 12:20:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The stuff my dreams are made of

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
April 21, 2013 12:53:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes, your so dreamy Neone,wake up,there is nobody out there!We are alone, well, I am anyway!

April 21, 2013 1:55:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This type of drive explicitly requires exotic matter (you need negative mass/negative energy density).  There is no evidence that such exotic matter exists, and many of our best physical theories explicitly predict that it doesn't exist.  So what you have here is basically something that works within some of our rules of physics (General Relativity), but violates other areas of physics (the Standard Model).  That is likely an insurmountable problem (at least until if and when we have something beyond the Standard Model).

You can imagine the solution to some problems by waiving your hands and saying "meh, good engineering".  But when you have something that requires a form of matter that is likely to not exist, well, thats a rather fundamental problem.

I'm not saying that this shouldn't be worked on by physicists, I'm just saying that I wouldn't exactly get your hopes up.

April 21, 2013 3:14:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Things are only impossible until they are not!
Jean Luke Picard 

April 21, 2013 3:28:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Krazikarl,
I'm just saying that I wouldn't exactly get your hopes up.
Party pooper

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0003250   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.