-appabrv for DeskScapes 8

By on April 17, 2013 3:33:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

glenharrison8

Join Date 04/2013

Hi all,

Managed to get Start8 and WindowsFX5 to automatically activate after a silent installation.

Struggling with DeskScapes 8.  Can someone please tell me the correct -appabrv to use

COPY /Y "%Drivers%\DS8sig2268.bin" "%ProgramData%\Stardock\Registrations\"

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Stardock\Object Desktop\DeskScapes8\sdactivate.exe" -appabrv=????? -email=%EMAIL% -password=%PASSWORD% -sigpath="%ProgramData%\Stardock\Registrations\DS8sig2268.bin"

Thanks!!!!

11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 17, 2013 5:05:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Why don't you just activate it by entering your registration information?

April 18, 2013 3:59:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Unfortunately that is not possible

Deskscapes has been deployed via an SCCM package to a remote distribution point.  The actual command is executed from a task sequence and there will be no users at the machines during this time.  That said, I wouldn't want users registering anything anyway.

April 18, 2013 7:51:06 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting glenharrison8,

Unfortunately that is not possible

Deskscapes has been deployed via an SCCM package to a remote distribution point.  The actual command is executed from a task sequence and there will be no users at the machines during this time.  That said, I wouldn't want users registering anything anyway.

Boy, and I thought I spoke enough Greek to get by too! But that is definitely way beyond me! Sorry, did not know you are evidently a Sys Admin or something, thought you were a single user.

Back to something easier, like skinning...

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
April 18, 2013 9:12:41 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hello,

Please contact support as we can help you best.

support@stardock.com

April 18, 2013 2:18:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Please try dk4 or 2268

April 18, 2013 2:36:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

dk4 has worked

BRILLIANT!!  thanks very much

Do you offer corporate deals when buying say 100 licences?

April 18, 2013 2:45:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting glenharrison8,

We do.  Email corpsales@stardock.com

The single license you have only allows for installation on one PC but we have a license server that will help you manage deployments.

April 18, 2013 2:45:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting glenharrison8,
Wow, that has to be a great place to work. Start8, WindowsFX5 and DeskScapes on every workstation.

April 18, 2013 3:18:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I work for a large college.  Currently there is a building about a mile away which teaches photography and video.  They all have apple macs which are now seven years old and need replacing.  The building is also used for private tuition and brings a lot of money into the college.

We have to replace all the macs and have decided to change for high spec pcs.  The main reason is for management on the network more than anything else, but that said, you can get higher spec machines for the same money.  Obviously the new machines will be running windows 8, and we haven't the time or patience to train users up so that's where start8 comes in.  Next they have asked if there is a way to have students videos set as wallpapers.  This is what made us search google in the first place and brought us to stardock.

April 18, 2013 3:22:37 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Not every workstation, we have a 30,000 active directory user base across the region.  It's a bit of a nightmare at times.

April 18, 2013 3:45:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting glenharrison8,
we have a 10,000 active directory user base across the region

Well in my opinion, you picked the right software company to deal with. Their products are excellent as is their support when needed. Perhaps some of the students will upload some of their original works to the WinCustomize DeskScapes Gallery. That would be great!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000563   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.