Win 8 start menue restore

By on April 7, 2013 8:01:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

dolphinpcguy

Join Date 04/2013

Pesty troubles    downloaded paid version program wanted a reboot   been in configuring updates for 10 min now doesn't seem to get by the 17% mark

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 7, 2013 8:38:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

More information will be helpful. What program? What OS? What updates?

If you are talking about Start8,I assume Win 8. Did you use Stardock Central to download and install? Try downloading it from the store from your account page: https://store.stardock.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/myaccount/products You may be just having some sort of issue with SDC.

April 8, 2013 11:59:51 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It sounds like you are talking about Windows updates.  Yes?

May 4, 2013 10:35:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Start8 and ModernMix both did this to me after install as well.  It takes quite a long time to reboot and it looks like it's installing a windows update.  It hangs at 17% for what seems to be 10 minutes then reboots.  The reboot also takes longer, but not as much.  Subsequrnt reboots or restarts are normal.

I downloaded the software from the link sent to me and saved it to the hard drive before installing.  So unless I had two coincidental windows updates right after installingstardock software, its the software in my case causing the issue, but its not a big deal as it is only a one time thing and worth the wait!

I have an i7 @ 3.2Ghz with 8GB ram, and it seems fairly slow, perhaps other configuration are slower?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 4, 2013 1:32:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting broderp,
So unless I had two coincidental windows updates right after installingstardock software

This has my vote. For the OP too.

Quoting broderp,
It takes quite a long time to reboot and it looks like it's installing a windows update. It hangs at 17% for what seems to be 10 minutes then reboots. The reboot also takes longer, but not as much. Subsequrnt reboots or restarts are normal.

This is indicative of Windows updates and is normal to have longer reboots and the percentage text with Windows updates.

I haven't seen this with either of the SD apps.

Just an idea....I usually manually check for updates Win8 every day. This way, there are no coincidental updates.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000437   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.