Fences Takes Forever to Load on a Fresh Boot

By on April 4, 2013 6:41:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

timmycrackcorn

Join Date 02/2010

Upon rebooting/starting up the computer, Windows Explorer hangs while waiting for Fences to "kick in".  By forever, I mean like at least a couple of minutes from when the desktop appears.  That seems like forever when you consider my computer boots (before Fences) from cold to a working desktop in about 50 seconds!

That certainly does not seem normal, and I don't remember it doing this when I had the trial version and now have updated to the latest (2.10) version.  Anyone else run into this issue?

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 10, 2013 2:48:25 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yes, using windows 7 and Fences and it stalls the boot time by about 15 seconds preventing windows explorer from starting up.  A known problem that affects Windows 8 as well.  Seems to vary from system to system as to whether this happens or not.  On another PC I have it works fine.  It worked on this one for awhile without any problems.  After some windows updates (I think) this started to happen.  So a conflict somewhere.  Pretty sure StarDock knows about this as I know others have reported the problem to them.

April 10, 2013 8:46:19 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That certainly does not seem normal, and I don't remember it doing this when I had the trial version and now have updated to the latest (2.10) version.

That is not a known issue with V2.

It would be interesting to know what else is in your start-up.

April 10, 2013 9:24:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Zubaz,
It would be interesting to know what else is in your start-up.

Indeed...

Might Process lasso  be of help?  http://bitsum.com/prolasso.php

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 28, 2013 3:43:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This should be acknowledged as a "known" issue with Fences 2 as there have been multiple posts on the topic with Win 8.  I have Fresh Win 8 install with dual monitors and am running Fences, Start8, and ModernMix.  The Fences "hang" at startup for 1-2 minutes.  I went with the workaround from other posts of disabling startup and going with the right-click on the desktop - again hangs for 1-2 minutes.  Alas, the final workaround of un-install was implemented successfully, asking for a refund, probably not so much.  Please fix.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.