not such good value for windows 8 users

By on April 3, 2013 12:53:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

gbswales

Join Date 10/2009

I very nearly bought object dock but looking through I found that quite a few components are not windows 8 compatible yet - in the end I went for start8 and modern mix - then this morning downloaded a trial of Fences which I may buy later - buying these three programmes is a lot cheaper than object dock and there is not much else in there which is 8 compatible.  hopefully object dock will get updated but I am wondering will I get  discount if I already own the three main programmes in it.??

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 3, 2013 1:13:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I think you may be confusing a product with a suite here.

ObjectDock is a product which gives you a OS X like dock on your desktop.

ObjectDesktop is a suite of products which includes Start8, ModernMix, Fences 2 etc (but not ObjectDock as it happens).

Of the products in ObjectDesktop the following are Win8 compatible :

Start8, ModernMix, DeskScapes 8, Fences 2, WindowFX 5.1, Decor8, IconPackager, Tiles and IconDeveloper are Windows 8 compatible.  Of the main apps only WindowBlinds (and SkinStudio due to it needing WindowBlinds to be installed) do not currently support Windows 8.

You get a discount for having one or more of the products in ObjectDesktop.  I believe the current upgrade from a standalone product is $34.95 and this can be found on the ObjectDesktop purchase page.  You will need your account details in order to order the upgrade.

April 3, 2013 1:13:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hello.

Currently ModernMix, DeskScapes, Start8, Decor8, Fences 2, Tiles, IconPackager, IconDeveloper, WindowFX 5  work with Windows 8.
WindowBlinds is still in development. Other applications may or may not work. At this time though, they are not supported.

We are updating more of our software as time goes on so keep an eye on our forums for more details.

Please let me know if you have any further questions/concerns.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.