Avatar picture not updating on FE forums

By on March 25, 2013 6:42:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Publius of NV

Join Date 08/2002
+45

While posting on the Fallen Enchantress forums, I noticed that the avatar jpg I've been using for many years appeared pixellated and looked pretty bad.  I tried uploading a new 100x100 png, and I can see that one in my account profile.  However, my posts to the FE forums are still using the old one, even after a day or two.  What do I need to make the change effective?

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 25, 2013 9:35:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Probably most likely success...log into JoeUser.com and do your avatar change from there....

March 25, 2013 9:41:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for the response.  JoeUser.com, in the "My Account" tab, showed the new avatar already.  I went ahead and uploaded it again from there, with no immediate results.  I'll wait a while and check to see if it has taken affect.  Should it appear on old posts?

March 25, 2013 10:22:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks, that worked!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
March 25, 2013 11:39:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Publius of NV,
I'll wait a while and check to see if it has taken affect. Should it appear on old posts?

Yes, it takes time to 'filter' into all of the sites/forums... abd yes, it rewrites to all of your posts...old ones too ...

March 26, 2013 2:51:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This morning it had reverted to the old jpg - even posts that were made after the update have gone back o the old pic.  I've uploaded it again, let's see if it sticks this time.

October 16, 2013 4:11:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Have similar problem whit avatar - cant change it, joeuser dont work either, any other tips?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.