Crashing and losing all docks and customizations.

By on March 25, 2013 11:09:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

GrnAlien

Join Date 06/2004

I am crazy about object dock.  I love it!!  Which is why I am posting, I have been waiting for a resolution for this problem for years.  2.0 is much much better but still has the same problem.  I understand that I can back up all of my dock setting but I'm tired of doing it.  What's wrong with the software that I have keep doing it.  Why does it crash and lose everything?  I have a very fluid dock and I am constantly changing it.  I don't want to back it up every week and try to manage the backups any more.  I am very irritated because my dock has changed enough between my backups that I will have to spend hours "HOURS!!!" fixing it  

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 25, 2013 11:19:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Pleas contact support@stardock.com if you have not already.

March 28, 2013 6:53:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am having the same problem. My computer crashed and had to go to Carbonite to get all my files back. I still am not able tp get my Objectdock back. I miss it.....HELP!!!

March 31, 2013 3:18:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

GrnAlien,

I feel for you. Just this morning my Win 7 computer locked up and I had to hard reset. ObjectDock came back with some old version from 1 year ago - and my last backup is about 11 months old!!

Shouldn't OD just save these settings on the drive or what?  Why would these settings change to this old version and WHY choose that version over any other?

Is there a solution other than "Contact tech support..."??

Tim

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
April 3, 2013 9:51:12 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The settings of ObjectDock are stored in separate files in one folder/Directory.

To back up your ObjectDock 2 settings, you can simply save the settings files:

http://sd.stardock.com/Rosco/pics/od2_save_settings.png

(C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Stardock\ObjectDockPlus)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.